Nice Job swivel enjoy the kid xD.

If I wasn't Just turning 18 I would go to the wedding...if I had money....although that would be odd at the same time IMO Razz
Thanks geekboy, we will! Very Happy

comicIDIOT wrote:
There was a member on the old TIFW board that had a baby. He was an avid 68k programmer if I recall.

Was?? Sad

In seriousness, I'm excited to have a son or daughter. I hope I'll still have time for my favorite community and hobby! Smile
I hope that you still have time for your favorite community (yay! Wink) and hobby as well! You'll have to be sure to instruct your child in the ways of the leet so that one day he or she can join us as an awesome coder and hacker.
comicIDIOT wrote:
There was a member on the old TIFW board that had a baby. He was an avid 68k programmer if I recall.

Ranman maybe? I seem to remember he was a lot older than most of us. Former defense/aviation-industry engineer maybe?
Yeah, Ranman sounds correct. I believe he was 35 or close to it though.

Swivel: Are you & Megan living together or do you plan to in the near future?
elfprince13 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Ranman maybe? I seem to remember he was a lot older than most of us. Former defense/aviation-industry engineer maybe?
Yeah, we had some great chats, I'm impressed with his ambition and work. It might also have been Lachprog; I know he was slightly older.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Swivel: Are you & Megan living together or do you plan to in the near future?
Indeed we are. Smile

KermMartian wrote:
I hope that you still have time for your favorite community (yay! Wink) and hobby as well! You'll have to be sure to instruct your child in the ways of the leet so that one day he or she can join us as an awesome coder and hacker.
With out a doubt! (s)he will be teh 1337357 Cool
I'm gonna forgo the more intimate questions and just ask, how was that night(the whole night, dinner, movie, etc.)?
Want to know what I'm not doing? Going to that wedding.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Want to know what I'm not doing? Going to that wedding.
I'm sure you'll be missing out on a fun occasion, and symmetrically, it will be a lot less fun for not having you, nikky.
Hahah, that would be an interesting day with Nikky at our wedding.

DShiznit, er... which one? The night of conception? 0.o
swivelgames wrote:
Hahah, that would be an interesting day with Nikky at our wedding.

DShiznit, er... which one? The night of conception? 0.o

Yeah. Did you have a nice dinner by candlelight? Did you watch any saucy movies first?
LOL. Actually, it was our first night living together. Best night I've had in quite a long time (unrelated to the x-rated happenings). That's as far as I'll go, though Wink
swivelgames wrote:
And this makes you an uncle 0x5

=D I'm pretty happy you beat either of my offline-brothers to the punch.

Also, given how close your child's birthday will be to Christmas......don't skimp on the presents. I have friends who are twins, and their birthday is, iirc, on the 24th. Doubly screwed on the present front.
Wait, I want to be an uncle too! Shock Elfprince: s/class/close/. And I agree, people who have Christmas birthdays are in danger of getting screwed out of presents; I know several such people.
Oh yes, most definitely! My little sister's birthday is on the 21st! She can't stand it. It's quite unfair for them.

Hmmm... I'll have to pick a day sometime during the middle of the year, away from other holidays and birthdays, to put some money away for birthday! That way I can spend the money I have around that time for Christmas, and pull the money for birthday out of special savings Smile

Kerm, uncle status already implied, undoubtedly! Razz Uncle elfy and Uncle Kerm. Hahaha Smile
I think I know a few people who have birthdays close to Christmas time, and they just have an extra "birthday" in June/July. They still have a party on their real birthday, but then they get other presents and such on their other "birthday".

Also, what do I get to be? Probably not an uncle, maybe a cousin? Very Happy
Megan's birthday is today! We had an appointment today to get blood work done and do the baby's first sonogram.

Megan's complaining that she just died because they drew blood form her arm (jokingly of course), I'm getting phone calls about job opportunities pulling through, and we're both excited having seen our new baby for the first time!'

I'm updating the OP with the sonograms.
Wow, it's a real baby! That's pretty amazing. And of course happy birthday to Megan.
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, it's a real baby! That's pretty amazing. And of course happy birthday to Megan.
I know! Very Happy It's amazing actually being able to see it. Makes it that much more of a reality. Now there's proof haha Smile

It's 11w, 4d pregnant! Very Happy

The semi-official due date is December 27th of this year. We'll know officially after the blood work is processed.

Megan: @Kerm, Thank you!! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours