MasterDover wrote:
David Tennant is my absolute favorite doctor, took a long time for me to except matt smith... so any episode with tennant in it again, would be amazing.
To *accept Matt Smith. Smile I agree, I felt the same way. Have you been watching it since the beginning of the relaunch in 2005 like some of us, or did you recently pick it up with its skyrocketting US popularity?
Tennant is a god. Honestly! He is amazing, and Matty just doesn’t have that same flare. I am rewatching the series, and it has brought me to tears many times lately, especially when Dr. kissed Rose.
Dapiano, heartily agreed. Smile

Elfprincess says a Doctor Who movie?! My main concern would be the proper following of (or deviation from) canon, and this quote from the article below concerns me: "Yates made clear that his movie adaptation would not follow on from the current TV series, but would take a completely fresh approach to the material."

www.variety.com/article/VR1118046098
Eh, they are saying 2 to 3 years? A lot can happen in that time, let's not get our hopes up too high, incase it doesn't quite make it.

Plus, if they are going from scratch, I wonder how far into 'from scratch' they'd go?
tifreak8x wrote:
Eh, they are saying 2 to 3 years? A lot can happen in that time, let's not get our hopes up too high, incase it doesn't quite make it.

Plus, if they are going from scratch, I wonder how far into 'from scratch' they'd go?
I'd assume at least new actor and new companions, based on reading the article, which I find extremely disconcerting. :/
I concur.

I'd have to see who they plan to cast, and what kind of story they are shooting for before I'd really get excited about it at all.
tifreak8x wrote:
I concur.

I'd have to see who they plan to cast, and what kind of story they are shooting for before I'd really get excited about it at all.
The only possible way I could see myself getting super-excited if they're not planning on keeping any sort of canon or continuity is if they cast one David Tennant as the Doctor. Wink
Anyone get to watch the christmas special yet? I'm currently acquiring it right now, can't wait to see it.

Edit: About 3 minutes into it, and getting a good bit of laughing going =D

The intro to the episode started out rather cool, but.. it ended rather rushed/not typical dr who :<

*continues watching*
So, what was your final verdict, Daniel? I thought that it was a well-done episode, although a little more fantasy and less science-fictiony than some episodes. I sometimes gets frustrated with Moffat for those sorts of episodes.
Hmm, I don't know what I thought about that. Mostly fun, but typical Christmas goofiness.
elfprince13 wrote:
Hmm, I don't know what I thought about that. Mostly fun, but typical Christmas goofiness.
Yeah, that seems about right. I think we can all agree that it wasn't one of their top episodes ever, but at least it was fun. I enjoyed the Doctor being ridiculous about the house's features the most, I think.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, that seems about right. I think we can all agree that it wasn't one of their top episodes ever, but at least it was fun. I enjoyed the Doctor being ridiculous about the house's features the most, I think.

As with most Doctor Who, the cast and dialog make the episode, not the plot Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Dapiano, heartily agreed. Smile

Elfprincess says a Doctor Who movie?! My main concern would be the proper following of (or deviation from) canon, and this quote from the article below concerns me: "Yates made clear that his movie adaptation would not follow on from the current TV series, but would take a completely fresh approach to the material."

www.variety.com/article/VR1118046098

Not the first time I've heard something along these lines:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100702/#n2060
Doctor Who is filming in Central Park today, not three miles from my office! I'm so, so tempted to take a short break and go watch the filming (and post photographs). Votes?
+1 gogogo
Sorry, but...

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
As my friend ElderofMagic said on my Facebook, "you'll always have work. How often does the Doctor make visits to NYC?".
KermMartian wrote:
As my friend ElderofMagic said on my Facebook, "you'll always have work. How often does the Doctor make visits to NYC?".
Exactly. Besides, when will he go to other parts of the US?
KermMartian wrote:
Doctor Who is filming in Central Park today, not three miles from my office! I'm so, so tempted to take a short break and go watch the filming (and post photographs). Votes?

GO NOW.
Hurry, you'll miss it! Work can wait.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 19 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours