Oh, then I forgot you said that, sorry. Sad He must have integrated himself into it over time, then, because if you go back to the very very very first Doctor Who episode way back when, he actually stole the TARDIS (hence something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue). Oh, another thing that occurred to me. Remember when River was trying to get to Earth on the TARDIS, and it exploded, she had opened to the doors to a stone wall? Was she on an asteroid or the moon or something? Because the exploding TARDIS was like a sun to the Earth. I guess it probably wasn't the moon, because I remember when Young Amelia looked up at the star-less night sky, the moon was there.
I thought that was just the TARDIS locking her in because it was already exploding (Like the reverse of father's day when the TARDIS is empty). I guess we will find out!
Something else I noticed with Smith taking over; we are starting to see the old faces of the Dr a great deal more. Think this is going to be relevant in some way?
tifreak8x wrote:
Something else I noticed with Smith taking over; we are starting to see the old faces of the Dr a great deal more. Think this is going to be relevant in some way?

Moffat likes to tie into old-Who more than RTD did.
elfprince13 wrote:
I thought that was just the TARDIS locking her in because it was already exploding (Like the reverse of father's day when the TARDIS is empty). I guess we will find out!
Possibly, which would explain why she had to work so hard to open the doors, but that looked like some pretty solid stone to me. Smile
SPOILERS SPOILERS OH GOD THE SPOILERS

------------
:: River kisses the Doctor for the first slash last time.
:: The child is a timelord.
:: The child is a timelord.
:: Did I mention that the child in the suit is a TIMELORD?!
:: Also, the Doctor defeats the Silence (for now). So did the Silence Fall? After all, we heard that "Silence will fall", and it may have done so? I am inclined to refuse to take the obvious bait of "Silence sleep on the ceiling" -> "Silence will fall (from the ceiling)".
:: Rory sometimes can remember the Centurian stuff, and sometimes not, as if it's "a door in [his] head". I don't see why he should remember it at all; he was a robot at that point, not actually himself. He himself was gone from time and space. Is that why Amy is sorta pregnant/not pregnant?
Quote:
:: Also, the Doctor defeats the Silence (for now). So did the Silence Fall? After all, we heard that "Silence will fall", and it may have done so? I am inclined to refuse to take the obvious bait of "Silence sleep on the ceiling" -> "Silence will fall (from the ceiling)".

I imagine the silence is really everywhere, not just Earth, I doubt they will be defeated for long, or if at all.

Quote:
:: Rory sometimes can remember the Centurian stuff, and sometimes not, as if it's "a door in [his] head". I don't see why he should remember it at all; he was a robot at that point, not actually himself. He himself was gone from time and space. Is that why Amy is sorta pregnant/not pregnant?

The Doctor remembers it completely, could be because he is a Time Lord and such things won't affect him, but.. I think that somehow, Rori and Amy is caught in some form of temporal flux? The TARDIS, something that is supposed to be able to see all forms of time and space, was having issues with reading her biosigns properly. And as I said in the last season sometime, Amy is tied to the Silence. This episode confirmed what I had said.

My theory is.. possibly 2 versions of reality for Amy are conflicting some how, where we know she is with Rori, but maybe in another reality, she was with the Dr.?

My only other thought is that somehow the TARDIS either actually got her pregnant and is causing the issues with scanning her, or has influenced the pregnancy to maybe begin rebuilding the Time Lords?

It seems to be linked to the Dr, so with that train of thought, if it has a telepathic link to him and can read how much it hurts him that he is the last of the Time Lords, maybe it is trying to fix it so it fixes him? He called it 'Dear' when it gave him the new screwdriver..

These also could just be random ramblings of a very very very tired tifreak8x. x.x
So it sounds like you at least partially think that the child is Amy's? And perhaps Amy+The Doctor's? One interesting theory that insomnia led me to on a blog is that because the Silence can basically do whatever they want, the one in 2011 (I guess at least some were left in 2011!) harvested the Doctor's cells before they burned his body, and then used his genetic material to impregnate Amy, thus making the child either a human-timelord hybrid, like Jenny, or pure timelord, if she's just a surrogate. I'd normally put Rory and Amy and the Doctor remembering the End of the Universe that Never Was to the same liberties the authors take to decide that the Tenth Doctor, Captain Jack, and Martha and family remember the Year the Never Was. And we still don't know why the TARDIS was exploding. The "Silence Will Fall" voice did not sound like a Silence voice. What is more powerful than the Silence? Why would overthrowing the silence be bad?
Jenny had pure Gallifreyan DNA, even if she wasn't initiated into Timelord culture. Examples of Human/Gallifreyan hybrids would be Rose's mortal Doctor or the Doctor-Donna.

Also, Moffett has expressed interested in her coming back.
... How does the Doctor grow a beard so quickly, and why does he shave it in the tardis? </first minutes> o_O Don't want to be in his barber shop...

That, and zune++ ........ Oh wait, there's no DecBot for the forums...
AHelper wrote:
... How does the Doctor grow a beard so quickly, and why does he shave it in the tardis? </first minutes> o_O Don't want to be in his barber shop...

3 months.
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/2cw0/
I noticed on my second watch of 6x02 that the little girl in the alley regenerating was Six Months Later, so does that mean that we have to wait until November to get her re-introduced into the story? Another thing I noticed: inside the non-TARDIS "time engine" that the Silence have (also, if they have a time engine too, they can't really be defeated, can they?), when Amy is strapped in that chair, the strap around her abdomen looks like it might be an ultrasound/prenatal monitor type of thing.
KermMartian wrote:
I noticed on my second watch of 6x02 that the little girl in the alley regenerating was Six Months Later, so does that mean that we have to wait until November to get her re-introduced into the story?

I doubt it, but who knows? Some episodes can jump a months at a go.

KermMartian wrote:
(also, if they have a time engine too, they can't really be defeated, can they?)

The Dalek's were, eventually.
Except that they weren't, because they keep coming back. Wink And I think their only time technology was that "emergency temporal shift" that damages them greatly, no?
What about the suit? They said it was repairing itself, so does that mean the suit becomes self sentient to kill the Dr, or did they just kill off the part of him dying?
tifreak8x wrote:
What about the suit? They said it was repairing itself, so does that mean the suit becomes self sentient to kill the Dr, or did they just kill off the part of him dying?
Well, he has to have died, right? I mean, we know they'll retcon that somehow of course, but how? He said "I know it's you" to the suit, so I very much tend to think there was someone inside.
KermMartian wrote:
Except that they weren't, because they keep coming back. Wink And I think their only time technology was that "emergency temporal shift" that damages them greatly, no?

Well, I think a full-fledged Dalek army has more than that at their disposal. Hence the whole "Time War" thing. They could, for example, disable the TARDIS which presumably took some understanding of time travel devices.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, he has to have died, right? I mean, we know they'll retcon that somehow of course, but how? He said "I know it's you" to the suit, so I very much tend to think there was someone inside.

Not really, it just goes with which of the theories about alternate realities and how changing things affects the time line.

Either he stopped it and it creates a new time line from which this all started, or he will eventually die and there cannot be another Dr after this one. :/
KermMartian wrote:
The Dalek where sent to The Void in the last season, if I recall correctly.

Isn't it interesting they can't even remember The Silence when they look away from a photo? i.e. When the Doctor has a "hologram" of one in the Tardis, and after it vanishes they are unable to describe it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours