» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I was parsing the file Bomberman if that helps.
when using the project editor i tried to export and save except it could only save .8x files. could you make it have a choice for .8x or .83p and other calc extensions.
I was looking at a program in 'My Programs' and got this idea:

"To intergrate the Program Editor into SC."

Explanatiopn:
I mean, more that it is now. Like when you click the button, 'Check Syntax,' it should load the program into SC2 and run it through default checks, then the user can rerun SC2 and perform user-defined checks - just other options that arn't selected normally.

Eh?
Right now the "Check Syntax" button is to ensure that if you try to do something like Export, it won't fail with errors. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.
When you create a program, or edit for that matter, in the Program Editor it would be nice to have a button that imports the program into SC2 so you can check your programs syntax on the fly, sense how we did it before was run the program, if we got a 'ERR:[TYPE]' we pressed [2], if applicable, and corrected what ever it was.

Then once it has been parsed, an option to overwrite the program with the SC2 optimized program or to just return to editing.

Wink
[1]Asm
[2]Allow to test scripts
[3]character map
[4]I/O menu
[5]Catalog menu
1) No, too complicated atm
2) Explain
3) Already has it
4) Why??
5) Everything's in other menus
Im just saying you really need to make it more user friendly and allow the users to test there programs on the source code editor this would make traffic better if not already.
blm22 wrote:
Im just saying you really need to make it more user friendly and allow the users to test there programs on the source code editor this would make traffic better if not already.
Uhhhh yeaaaah I have neither the resources nor the inclination to write a full TI emulator in Java or the equivalent.
well I see but if you find the time you should look into that it is a real good idea.
blm22 wrote:
well I see but if you find the time you should look into that it is a real good idea.

I'm going to go with the "its a really stupid" idea here, as there are already ti calculator emulators.
Some real suggestions...

1. Have maybe 10 boxes to load programs to, so more can be seen at once, like loading a group file.

2. Have a link at the bottom of each parsed program, that says "Printer Friendly Version", you could have it pop up with a new window, I am guessing by using javascript, and have the arrows and what not in there where they should be, and just have the program's source, nothing else.
Make the font size of Goto <...> and Lbl <...> bigger so that they stand out.
Or even arrows along the side that point from the goto to the corosponding label.
KermMartian wrote:

5) Everything's in other menus

Ahem.. /me points at sub(, inString(, etc.
OK, except for the tokens that don't appear in any of the menus. But you can still type those out by hand. Smile
What a strange statement that makes..
"Everything's in other menus, except for the tokens that don't appear in any of the menus."
Very Happy Fine, I'll make the Catalog menu display the tokens that aren't in any other menu.
When indenting an If-Then-Else, outdent the 'Else' line to the same level as the If and the End.

With indents on, when you try to edit a program, the '|'s stay in the code, giving errors and making it unable to export to .8xp. Maybe let the indentions remain (can you tell I love them?), but have the parser (exporter?) skip them?

If a thread is pinned, is it still necroposting?
To fix the indenting problem, maybe colons could be used instead of pipes? Then, the parser won't have trouble with them, and if the person wanted to he/she could export the program with the colons and view the indenting in another editor. The only problem I can think of is that the online editor would have to somehow differentiate between indenting colons and intended colons, so it knows which to remove when indenting is disabled.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours