» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Add a new settings section or rename the "Help / About" section to reflect that the settings are currently hidden in there.
The 'add indentation' feature doesn't seem to do anything...?
M. I. Wright wrote:
The 'add indentation' feature doesn't seem to do anything...?
Yes, that's something I've had on my to-do list for a while: automatically indent For, While, Repeat, If/Then, and so on, so that it's easier to see how your code is structured. I'll get to it eventually(TM).
What would be a nice addition IMHO is individual xLIBC tiles conversion. Currently, TokenIDE only supports converting an entire sprite sheet at a time into an appvar, with no hexadecimal conversion available, and SourceCoder lacks xLIBC color palette conversion altogether.

This would be handy for people using inline xLIBC tiles rather than entire tile pics, such as my Tunnel game, because currently the only way to generate hexadecimal from individual 8x8 sprites is to type the hex by hand pixel by pixel.
Have an "Export to SourceCoder" option in the file archive information section. What I've been doing is exporting to jsTIfied, going to SC3, selecting "New File", and then importing from jsTIfied. That should be able to be done with one button.
ReGuess wrote:
Have an "Export to SourceCoder" option in the file archive information section. What I've been doing is exporting to jsTIfied, going to SC3, selecting "New File", and then importing from jsTIfied. That should be able to be done with one button.
I didn't bother adding the clutter on the page for an "Export to SourceCoder" option because I didn't anticipate that people would be frequently editing programs in the Archives (that were not their own) rather than simply running them to test them. Is this something that other people would find frequently useful?
KermMartian wrote:
ReGuess wrote:
I didn't bother adding the clutter on the page for an "Export to SourceCoder" option because I didn't anticipate that people would be frequently editing programs in the Archives (that were not their own) rather than simply running them to test them. Is this something that other people would find frequently useful?

Well, if people want to upload them, we could make some type of label on the file information so people know that it's a spin-off, along with a link to the original.
This might or might not be a good idea. I'm having memories of Flipnote Hatena.
First off, thanks for finally removing real() conversion! This'll make life a lot easier. Here are a few quirks I've noticed (sans the first one, which is a suggestion):

• In IRC, I suggested adding multi-line /* */ comments- that syntax could be bad for some programs, though (for example, displaying/storing all four operators into a string, in order) so if you choose to go for it, I'd suggest using less-common syntax; maybe //* *// or /// ///. It really doesn't matter, it's up to you whether or not you go for it and how it's implemented.
  • Second: On the 'Open Project' screen, program lengths are displayed in length of the actual program's text, not the size they'd be on the calculator. I don't know if it would be too taxing to recalculate token lengths every time the user changes something/saves (since I think that's all done server-side?) but if it's possible, I'd like to see the on-calc size when opening.
  • When 'Export HTML' and 'Export BBCode', the popup box with the code that says 'Click outside this box to hide it' does not actually hide itself when you click outside it.
  • Speaking of Export BBCode, it'd be nice to have it put line breaks in too instead of colons (to make the code more readable).
  • I'm not sure how the 'output binary' thing that appears when you save a program is calculated (if it's token size or un-tokenized length) but I've noticed that it's for the entire project rather than the program you're currently working on. If possible, it'd be nice to see both sizes (project and the program currently open) when saving.

That's it for now, I think. Dunno if all of these are problems or if I'm the only one annoyed by them. Either way, they don't really detract from SC3 much, so take your time fixing them if you choose to Smile
Suggestion: Add tool-tips when commands are entered like Text( or For( for the updated Color Calculators and potentially ASM Language.

As of right now for monochrome calculators all the commands are in order and working. A very simple idea is just for the tool-tips to change when you select what language you are coding in from the drop down menu. Instead of saying that for a text( command you have X up to 94, it will say that X goes all the way to 264. This could also apply to Doors CSE and the HybridBasic Library. I have heard that TokenIDE has a Sprite Editor for xLibC, and so an addition like that to SourceCoder would also be great but over the top! The only thing syntax wise that you would have to change for the +CSE and +CE would be the added color syntax and newer background commands. I used the tool-tips a bunch when I first started on the monochrome calculators, and they helped me get into the code without having to switch over to tibasicdev constantly.

TL;DR: Add support for more languages other than monochrome calculator to have tool-tips for commands. The tool-tips would include syntax, pixel heights, and other suggestions.
Allow hex and binary literals in code and translate them to decimal on export.
I'd suggest a print button, for printing the contents of the Sourcecoder screen. And a "print to file" button that lets you export to a text file, if one doesnt exist already.
ACagliano wrote:
I'd suggest a ... "print to file" button that lets you export to a text file, if one doesnt exist already.

It does, "Export Project." Right next to "Save Project."
comicIDIOT wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
I'd suggest a ... "print to file" button that lets you export to a text file, if one doesnt exist already.

It does, "Export Project." Right next to "Save Project."

I think you are missing the Export to -text- file, not export project, which provides a .8xp :p
This would be a pretty big addition, so I doubt it will be added any time soon if at all. But anyways, here's my idea:

Add a stepping function. That way, you can step through your program line by line. Of course, this would be pretty pointless without a variable display as well, so it would also be nice if you could see all the variables which would be updated on each step.

I'm sure this is possible, but it may be hard and very time consuming. Just putting this out there though Smile
Michael2_3B wrote:
[...]Add a stepping function. [...] it would also be nice if you could see all the variables which would be updated on each step. [...] I'm sure this is possible, but it may be hard and very time consuming. Just putting this out there though Smile
A variable display would be relatively easy, using the silent linking commands. Single-stepping would be very hard, because it would require knowing the addresses of every OS's functions for executing a line of TI-BASIC, as well as a way to cleanly read variables while the CPU was paused (silent linking would of course not be an option). I'm tempted to file this under WONTIMPLEMENT for now, I'm afraid. Sad
msbmteam wrote:
It would be really nice if the SourceCoder 3 had a good Find/Replace tool like in Wordpad or Microsoft Word.

Just gonna bump this:

Find and replace would be really nice, especially when copying code from Ti-Connect's editor to SourceCoder. The -> becomes a symbol needs to be replaced.
SourceCoder has find-and-replace. Just press CTRL-G while in SourceCoder.
Oh, awesome! Smile
Unicorn wrote:
Oh, awesome! Smile
Thanks! That said, it's almost impossible to find that, so I'm wondering if SourceCoder might need a sort of File/Edit/etc type of menubar for some of these features, or even just an Edit... button with various tools like settings, find, and replace inside. I also need to make SourceCoder reflow properly on small screens.
You could make a controls/help page, unless there already is one...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 14 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours