» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Err, I suppose that was bad wording on my part. Why can't opening a file, already in SC2, and Reparsing it help?

Looking farther down your post, I thought there was an option for that already o.o
.. I dont believe there is. the only way to reparse is to export to .8xv. then refind it from your computer and then parse it that way. Like you are adding a new file. But I dont see a way to just click on a project that is already saved and parse it.
Hm, you're right. That only shows when you upload a new project. I assume it can't be too hard to add to existing projects.
Glad I could help. I just thought that would be much easier.
An excellent idea indeed. Since there's already the Revert to View, which is what comicIDIOT was talking about, I think the most elegant thing would be to have the view page have those three checkboxes with a redisplay option. What do you think?
I would love that. It would make things alot easier. Especially for the newer programmers that sometimes forget End somewhere and cant figure out where because you cant see branches....
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I would love that. It would make things alot easier. Especially for the newer programmers that sometimes forget End somewhere and cant figure out where because you cant see branches....
Actually, for that I would love for the editor to have some real-time For/End, While/End, Then/Else/End, Repeat/End matching, but I think if at all that's much further in the future, so I'll try to get to this.
Ok thank you. Take your time. Enjoy the trip.
Another thing that would be nice would be to have automatic memory leak detection, like detecting if there is a Goto in a loop or If-Then statement.
That would be nice.
souvik1997 wrote:
Another thing that would be nice would be to have automatic memory leak detection, like detecting if there is a Goto in a loop or If-Then statement.
That's not a bad idea at all! I wonder how I could implement that well...
As an idea, you could scan the file, find all the conditionals (while, repeat, if, for) and check for both true and false, and see if you use a goto in it for true. So, it would see:
Code:
1) If A
2) Then
3) If B
4) Then
5) Disp "RAWR
6) Else
7) Goto AA
8) End
9) Else
A) Goto BB
B) End
C) Goto CC
And it would check line 1 as true, then do 3 as true, see that there is no Goto, then try line 3 as false, there is a goto, so error on line 7. Then it would try line 3 as false, see that there's a Goto, and error on line A. Then it gets to line C, and doesn't signal an error since it's not in a conditional block.
It'd implement it as I would a BASIC interpreter - have a control stack that you push opening statements onto (If, For etc) which you pop off when you hit the corresponding End. When you encounter a Goto you can then search for the corresponding Label and ensure that the stack would be in the same state in both places (if not, you've screwed up the stack and are leaking memory).
Another suggestion. Not sure how possible it would be. It would be nice if there was an 84 emulator on the source coder page. That way we could quickly test a program, but put a time limit like 5 minutes every hour so people don't abuse the emulator. Just a thought.
There's legality issues with the whole ROM thing, sadly.
That is why I was thinking that putting a time limit on it could help get over that ROM legality. Or.... Could you use a custom OS that is similar to the 84+ but not exact?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Or.... Could you use a custom OS that is similar to the 84+ but not exact?
It would be legal, but it wouldn't really work since it would take a ridiculous amount of time to re-create TI-OS.
Bummer. Oh well. I tried.
An option that would sort of work would be a javascript TI-83+/84+ emulator, with a ROM in client-side DOM Storage, so that ROMs would never touch the server. It's of questionable but slightly less definitely bad legality, as far as I know, but I unfortunately haven't had the time to put it together in the two years since I had the idea. Sad
Ok. Sounds like a good plan. If free time ever arises. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours