0%  [ 0 ]
Prizm and Nspire (non-color)
 9%  [ 1 ]
All three
 0%  [ 0 ]
None
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

I was just curious about what the distribution was.
I own a TI NSpire without colour.
I own Prizm. It was out before the Nspire CX, the CX seemed like it was going to be locked down and unprogrammable like the regular Nspire (which is what I've seen to be the case so far), and the Prizm was even cheaper. I've loving my Prizm thus far, and I'm getting excited about just how easy C coding is.
currently I own none, but given the choice I would go to the prizm side.
I've got a Prizm, which I would be loving even more if I could compile a simple program for it. And then I've got my Nspire non-CAS, non-color that I have written simple programs for and gotten the base for a game written for. I'd honestly have to side with the Ndless'd Nspire atm, but I'm sure that will change soon enough when I can program my Prizm.
I don't own any of these calcs, but I'm hoping to get a Prizm or a Nspire CX soon.
_player, as soon as I get it reliably working myself, I'll be posting a short tutorial about it. Hopefully in that topic we can figure it out, if you haven't solved it already. Also, I hear you about the Nspire, but do you really want to have to make games for a platform where any potential user has to "jailbreak" their device before they can play your game? Sad
Meh, it would still be a learning experience. It gives me a reason to learn C, and I loved getting to write in it and such. But my mind likes to not think about programming unless it is for making a game or something interactive, so I suck at stuff that isn't like that. Hopefully we will be able to compile stuff, ourselves, soon. And I do very much like the idea of being able to write programs that people can put on their devices without "jailbreaking".
I don't have any of them yet, but I've been trying to buy a Prizm since this year started.
JosJuice wrote:
I don't have any of them yet, but I've been trying to buy a Prizm since this year started.
It's weird, because I think of you as a Prizm developer more than anything else, since you've been fairly vocal and active in the Prizm stuff that has been completed to date. Smile
Now that we know know to program the Nspire in Lua and TI has little chance of taking that away from us I'd say its a much better choice. From my experience TI is just better at making usable calcs. The Prizm may be an improvement but I feel the Nspire just has more potential as a platform.
TheStorm wrote:
Now that we know know to program the Nspire in Lua and TI has little chance of taking that away...
Yes, because they have never tried to take away calculator features before when they update or upgrade their products. Rolling Eyes
TheStorm wrote:
Now that we know know to program the Nspire in Lua and TI has little chance of taking that away from us I'd say its a much better choice. From my experience TI is just better at making usable calcs. The Prizm may be an improvement but I feel the Nspire just has more potential as a platform.

I'm curious as to why you think that when the Nspire can't even run anything but TI-OS. Also, hardware wise, the Prizm may very well have a faster processor, in addition to the larger screen and a serial port. The only distinct advantage for the Nspire that I'm aware of is the larger memory size.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours