Cemetech has been steaming along as well as can be hoped during most members' spring semesters, and I'm happy to announce a miscellany of newsworthy announcements. Firstly, I have added short staff biographies and photos to the Cemetech About section, adding to the other items already there including a history of Cemetech, the member list and user groups, the geographic user map, and the site statistics and post graph. It mentions the current administrators and our past administrators emeriti; I hope to soon add the current global moderators to the page. A careful reading of the Staff section will reveal that we have two new administrators, both promoted from global moderators.

Jon "TheStorm" "Jonimus" Sturm and Shaun "Merthsoft" Mcfall have both made significant contributions to Cemetech, and we are happy to announce their promotions within our family to Administrators. Jon has been a member of Cemetech for several years, and has spent nearly twelve months as an effective moderator on the Cemetech forum and the #cemetech IRC channel. Shaun has been a member of Cemetech for a shorter period and a moderator for only eight months, but has spent many more years lurking in the community. Both Jon and Shaun program calculators, computers, and web/scripting languages, and coincidentally, both also have contributed to the globalCALCnet project, the Direct USB part of which continues to slowly develop. Jon has been promoted to a general administrator, while Shaun has, among his other duties, been designated in only half-sarcasm as Cemetech's Vice President of Public Relations (and Inter-Site Relations).

Finally, as you can see from the screenshot posted below, Merth has created and released the first game in Casio Prizm written in C. The fact that he created this with minimal Prizm-specific training in C and only a few hours bodes well for the power and flexibility that coding for calculators in C allows. I think I speak for many in the calculator community when I express my excitement at this development. I had previously expressed my disgust at the TI-Nspire CX and the attitude that Texas Instruments has been espousing towards students, programmers, and the dedicated TI coding community that has spent decades providing free publicity for the company; this is an excellent sign that providing openness and unrestricted use of hardware is a positive force and to be encouraged. I hope all of our Prizm users will give this a try and our die-hard TI users will consider expanding their horizons.

Relevant Links and Downloads
Introducing the Cemetech Staff
Prizm Minesweeper, video and download link

Edit: Version 1.0 of Minesweeper has been released:
Download link
woo hoo, congrats everyone (shaun and jonimus) good luck with your new carriers as admins

*sniff* they grow up so fast ;.;
*New careers, you mean? Smile They do indeed grow up so fast!
You know kllrnohj is gonna have a fit about me and Merth being promoted to admin while he is still a gmod.

In other news, woo I'm an admin! \m/
I know he will, but I think Kllrnohj knows why I couldn't promote him to admin. Smile It's not like he has the time to fulfill administrator duties anyway, which reminds me, I need to brief you both on administrator privileges and duties. Congrats!
Congratulations, Merth and Jonimus!
souvik1997 wrote:
One day I think that Souvik will deserve some kind of promotion as well; the problem is that I'm running out of legitimate positions to give people. I don't want to end up with the sort of site where every member is staff. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
One day I think that Souvik will deserve some kind of promotion as well; the problem is that I'm running out of legitimate positions to give people. I don't want to end up with the sort of site where every member is staff. Smile

Heh, thanks KermM. Smile
Great news! Smile I look forward to the leaps to come!
comicIDIOT wrote:
You and me both! Although I'm not sure if you're referring to the promotions or to Shaun making the world's first Casio Prizm game in C! I noticed almost no one commented on that amazing breakthrough.
*bump* Yeah, this is a super-premature bump, but every Prizm user should grab the download in the first post and try it!
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
You and me both! Although I'm not sure if you're referring to the promotions or to Shaun making the world's first Casio Prizm game in C! I noticed almost no one commented on that amazing breakthrough.
It was kind of a double-topic post. I was trying to reference both the promotions and Shauns' game. Cool
Then you succeeded! And Shaun succeeded too; his game has inspired both Tanner and myself to set up the Prizm SDK and think about trying our own hands at some games!
TheStorm wrote:
You know kllrnohj is gonna have a fit about me and Merth being promoted to admin while he is still a gmod.

Damn straight.

Kerm just knows I would be such an amazing admin that I'd put him to shame.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm just knows I would be such an amazing admin that I'd put him to shame.
That's exactly why I didn't promote Kllrnohj. Smile

Shaun, are you open to suggestions about your Minesweeper game for future versions, or are you basically putting it to rest for now and moving onto other projets?
hmm, on the topic of prizm programming I am wondering, does it have musical/sound possibilities? That way I might be able to make MT3s for it in the future Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, on the topic of prizm programming I am wondering, does it have musical/sound possibilities? That way I might be able to make MT3s for it in the future Very Happy
It has an I/O port that's pretty much identical to the one on the 83+/84+.
qazz42 wrote:
Ironically, I was mentioning to my roommate that I need to port mobileTunes. Once we figure out how to interface with the serial port, it should be relatively straightfor ward.
Congrats Shaun & Jon! Welcome to the team! Also, great work on minesweeper!
elfprince13 wrote:
Congrats Shaun & Jon! Welcome to the team! Also, great work on minesweeper!
Indeed! Now that we have Shaun and I making CALCnet and Prizm programs, Jonimus working on high-profile linking projects, and TIFreak8x moving right along with Pokemon Purple, we need all of your schoolwork to magically disappear to let you work on Freebuild. Then all the Cemetech administrators would be actively advancing bleeding-edge tech. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours