Hello all, I have made my first game for the TI-84+CSE worth mention.
This game is called runaway, (at least for now), and is about dodging trains.
You move around with the up and down keys, and can use [CLEAR] to quit.

NOTICE : REQUIRES DOORS CSE. HYBRID BASIC.

And now, some screenshots (NOTE:BECAUSE I HAVE NO ROM I CAN'T TAKE PICS OF THE MOVING TRAIN) :

WARNING : OUTDATED SCREENSHOT INCOMING

DOWNLOAD : https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/TIGAMES/RUNAWAY.8xp?w=AAAvBNht1xVvymBZ5UrdbjERk80BLogjPR-oZ7C5UhvYnw&dl=1
(.8xp File)
Very cool; don't forget you can upload a file to the Cemetech Archives! All programs you author will be listed in your forum profile Smile
It's great that you're using the Doors CSE libs, and specifically det(12). If you don't have a ROM from your calculator to use with jsTIfied, why not give rom8x Modernized a shot? Keep up the good work on this, show us screenshots and ask any programming or DCSE questions you have, and you should also upload to the Cemetech Archives when it's in a semi-releasable state.
The game is now uploaded to the Cemetech archives with updated screenshot. Awaiting approval.
Hexatron wrote:
The game is now uploaded to the Cemetech archives with updated screenshot. Awaiting approval.
And you can find it here, by the way: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1003
that looks like an interesting game, Hex! i wish i had a CSE so i could try it out.

based on the screenshot, it progressively gets harder by limiting your walking area. what happens when you are down to only two? do the trains give you less warning throughout the game?
LuxenD wrote:
that looks like an interesting game, Hex! i wish i had a CSE so i could try it out.

based on the screenshot, it progressively gets harder by limiting your walking area. what happens when you are down to only two? do the trains give you less warning throughout the game?

Yes, the trains come faster near the end.
But unfortunately, when there are only two left the trains stop coming at all. I will further look into this problem and see if I can fix it.
without looking at the code, my best bet is that some conditional is using > instead of => (or the other way around). of course, without seeing (and running) the code, i cannot tell.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours