KermMartian wrote:
I used to be very energetic (although not hyper), but college beat that out of me. I used to constantly smile, too, but life has beaten that out of me as well. :/

Sorry to hear it, Kerm. :/ I'm pretty energetic and I smile a lot, but I don't know how long it will last.
you know, come to think of it I do not smile as much as I used to (meh, blame 6th and 7th grade douches from my younger years) but I am still pretty energetic when I need to, heh....
KermMartian wrote:
I used to be very energetic (although not hyper), but college beat that out of me. I used to constantly smile, too, but life has beaten that out of me as well. :/ lafferjm, that's unhealthy amounts of caffeine, you should consider cutting back a bit. Shock

That is me cut back Smile. Its alright though now that the warmer weather is fast approaching I replace the soda's with bottles of water and only drink about one cup of coffee, because it is to warm to drink anymore than that.
lafferjm, that's good to hear. I generally switch to iced coffee during the summer, which generally by dint of being diluted by the ice is maybe less caffeine? Or maybe not. Souvik, yeah, I would love to go back to smiling constantly again. Sad
I have the energy level of a cactus. Damn dysautonomia...
DShiznit wrote:
I have the energy level of a cactus. Damn dysautonomia...
I don't really know any cactuses, energetic or not, so I don't really have a frame of reference for that comment. Wink Do you get enough sleep and everything?
I usually sleep for ~12 hours, and if I get any less I fall asleep in the middle of the day. Also it's "Cacti", not "Cactuses". Lrn2gammar plox.
DShiznit wrote:
I usually sleep for ~12 hours, and if I get any less I fall asleep in the middle of the day. Also it's "Cacti", not "Cactuses". Lrn2gammar plox.

O_o that is a high demand, I can usually get 3 hours of sleep and be fine (although, I cant do that more then once in one week)
You are lrn2 "gammar" ing me? lulzcopter. When I was a child, I got a solid 10 hours of sleep a night; now I average somewhere between 6 and 8 hours per night.
DShiznit wrote:
Also it's "Cacti", not "Cactuses". Lrn2gammar plox.

plural cac·ti or cac·tus·es also cactus
Wink
I drink 3 to 4 teas per day. I used to consume more coffee, but I've been slowly weaning myself off of it. Having an amazing coffee place in the computer science building (in which I essentially live) doesn't exactly help. I don't drink pop or energy drinks, mostly because I find that they taste like cough syrup or are far too sweet. Frankly, caffeine doesn't seem to help me stay awake - I primarily drink tea because I enjoy the taste of a good irish breakfast or florence in the morning.

I average around 4 hours of sleep per night, supplemented by 20 minute naps during the day, particularly after all-nighters. (For some reason my friends dedicated an fb album to my sleeping habits. http://cl.ly/5kV3 ) In general, I've found that Gatorade, apples, and crystallized pineapple are great coding food that also helps me stay awake by virtue of allowing me to continuously consume _something_.
One thing that is important for coders and students like into know is that proper hydration can greatly help alertness. I try to keep my green metal thermos at my desk filled with water as much as possible, and I can definitely see the difference between when I am hydrated and alert and when I am dehydrated and fatigued.
At the moment I'm not getting as much sleep as I should, since I ran out of most of my meds...
DShiznit wrote:
At the moment I'm not getting as much sleep as I should, since I ran out of most of my meds...
Oh noes, what meds are those?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours