Mostly command optimization, and a few places where I found smaller ways to accomplish the same thing.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Mostly command optimization, and a few places where I found smaller ways to accomplish the same thing.
Excellent, that's good to hear. Then you have about 3,000 bytes free in the App now?
Almost 5,000 free, and I think I can probably optimize away another 1,000.
SirCmpwn wrote:

Nice, keep it up. you seem to have just about enough to add buildings and digging animations now.
madmax2069 wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:

Nice, keep it up. you seem to have just about enough to add buildings and digging animations now.
Haha, let's hope so. If those additions succeed, does that mean it'll be ready for a public beta?
There are already two versions available for public use, although they aren't quite betas yet. You can get the latest here.
SirCmpwn wrote:
There are already two versions available for public use, although they aren't quite betas yet. You can get the latest here.
Excellent, I'll have to give that a try, and I'm sure that MadMax will be excited about that as well.
Great, let me know your thoughts!
SirCmpwn wrote:
Great, let me know your thoughts!
How's progress? I'm sorry to say that I tried it out on three TI-83+ calculators, and they all either froze at the "SirCmpwn Technologies" screen, or seemed unhappy about showing the Motherload application at all. Sad
iirc, you have to give the source so people can compile it on their calculators using Axe. Otherwise there is a problem because the header is never signed. Though I could be wrong (and probably am, haven't followed Axe in a long time)
_player1537 wrote:
iirc, you have to give the source so people can compile it on their calculators using Axe. Otherwise there is a problem because the header is never signed. Though I could be wrong (and probably am, haven't followed Axe in a long time)
Oooooh, that could be the problem. Why is the header not signed? Sad Someone should either make a computer-side program to specifically sign Axe apps, or perhaps SirCmpwn needs to wappsign/wabbitsign it?
I think he does have a program to do it, or at least, I remember hearing him talk about it before. Either that, or he posted instructions on how to do it.
_player1537 wrote:
I think he does have a program to do it, or at least, I remember hearing him talk about it before. Either that, or he posted instructions on how to do it.
Oh goodie. Then did SirCmpwn just not do that with the version he gave us? Did you try it out, and could you replicate my issues?
Nope, the header is signed fine, however, as I've mentioned previously, this is not compatible with a TI-83+ BE, as it uses the extra page of RAM. If the app were not correctly signed, you wouldn't be able to send it with TI-Connect, but if you did get it on your calculator, it wouldn't impair your ability to play it.
Ah, gotcha. You should definitely make it refuse to run on a TI-83+BE instead of locking up, though; it's beyond trivial to do the bitmath to figure out if you're running on a BE. Smile
Of course. I'm trying to squeeze every single byte of extra space out of it, but in the extremely likely event I have room for such a method, I'll let the user know.
so far the only issues i have ran into

When you fly up for a long period of time you gain a massive amount of speed and it takes forever to slow down and start falling again. by the time you slow down you are way past where you wanted to stop.

when you go so far to the right blocks will reappear where you dig.

but other then that the game is looking real great. keep it up.
madmax2069 wrote:
so far the only issues i have ran into

When you fly up for a long period of time you gain a massive amount of speed and it takes forever to slow down and start falling again. by the time you slow down you are way past where you wanted to stop.

when you go so far to the right blocks will reappear where you dig.

but other then that the game is looking real great. keep it up.

I've taken care of the first issue and am aware of the second, thanks for trying it!
Any estimated final release on this, SirCmpwn, or is it indefinitely delayed like KnightOS until you have a more stable life? Sad
This is one that I can actually work on, and I have been doing some work on it, in fact. It isn't progressing very quickly because I've run into some problems with surface level maps, but as soon as I have that sorted out you can expect more progress.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours