Amen!
Anyway, I'm working on fixing the last of those horizontal maroon bars, the areas wit the light grey backgrounds, and a few other glitches, notably with the calculator. What else does Cemetech need in the new Cemetech Retro style
I think we're good. But I don't quite remember the old, DHTML we're aiming to bring back.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I think we're good. But I don't quite remember the old, DHTML we're aiming to bring back.
The very early Cemetech did all kinds of fun stuff with Javascripts and DHTML, although none as cool as the new floating calculator. I think the most notable one was a section at the top of the front page that would try to show you how many new news articles, files, and projects had been created since your last visit.
GAAAH IT'S COMIC SANS, I must wipe my retina now.

I guess it's OK for one day.
Mapar007 wrote:

I remember when my IRC handle was comicsans.

Also, this isn't for just a day. It's fo' real.
Mapar007 wrote:

One day? This is our permanent look going forward, although we'll eventually have the option to switch back to Cemetech6. I think the Comic Sans looks quite nice, personally.
Could unread topic names be bolded?
souvik1997 wrote:
Could unread topic names be bolded?
Either that, or I should change the "new post ->" image to show up better on the black background, I think.
The calculator cursor gets thrown off when you scroll on my computer.
I used to do my school work in Comic Sans, it was my favorite font. Razz

Oh, Comic Sans. <3

Also yeah, the calc thing doesn't scroll with the cursor. Kinda annoying.
Lol that actually looks cool, kinda, although you should enable it for guests too. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Travis wrote:
Needz moar flashing and scrolling marquees
I think there's a fine line between "Retro" and "MS Frontpage n00b"; I think we're safely on the Retro side for now, but I don't want to get too close to that line. :)

Kerm, anything with Comic sans is on the n00b side. I wonder if I can configure Firefox to replace Comic Sans with Helvetica. . . .
Only a few small glitches reports:

-Some bars like the post separators or gradients are still red.
-In Opera the calculator usually follows the mouse several pixels below or above it. I loved it, though. Very Happy

For some reasons, now the site makes me feel I am on TI-Freakware forums and reminds me KHDV 83 hacking site. Shock
DrDnar wrote:
Kerm, anything with Comic sans is on the n00b side.

False. Everyone knows that Comic Sans is the world's maximally appealing font. You can't go wrong when you choose Comic.
elfprince13 wrote:
You can't go wrong when you choose Comic.
I'm going to boose my ego and say "Thanks!" Laughing
The TI-84 cursor doesn't work in Chromium.

Edit: Nevermind, it does. >_<
The standard cursor still displays alongside with the new one in FF4.0. I'll test this with other browsers when I get home.
Get rid of the maroon parts - they look terrible. Also, comic sans is for loosers. Use a monotype font instead.
If you want me to take a look, then you can send me the theme files.
I think this theme looks fantastic, thanks for all your guy's hardwork in bringing this site to its highest viewing potential.

Looking at the font.. I think I'd like to see something old english style. I think that would make things MUCH easier to read.
Cool theme. A million times better (except for all the red.)

EDIT: It'll take some time getting used to, but still cool.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours