There was also BBC-Basic that Benryves made. DThought, that website looks great Smile I thought that WikiPad was a very cool tool that I'm going to have to use when I get back into calculator programming.
I wrote that bit a long time ago, before I knew about the BBC BASIC interpreter, MPL, and now Grammer. But these are all interpreted -- what was that compiled language you mentioned, unless it's Ashbad's partial 'DE? I'm sure there are more I still haven't found, since I haven't been around in the community for much time and I've only recently started looking at past groups and projects, and found quite a history Surprised

There are a lot of things that I now realize are wrong scattered throughout the site, and I'm trying to fix them. Thanks for pointing this out.

I got the idea for the homepage theme from Team Treehouse, the colors from nowhere in particular, and the CSS dynamic galleries from my own experiments on ClrFree.
I like your fake news, especially the iRene one.
*claps* Very Happy
Deep, on second thought, I really like the site as a whole. It's a keeper. We just need to finish changing all pages over.

I found a few errors on the Project page, which I emailed you about. I'll look at the other pages when I get a chance.
ACagliano, are you aware that [img] is not an HTML tag, as per your signature? Not sure what you're trying to do there.

Deep: I would call Grammer a Hybrid BASIC language, actually, since it just hooks a ParserHook over the tokens, doesn't it? Perhaps I misunderstand its function. Regardless, I think they're all valid third-party languages, and I wouldn't call Axe revolutionary in that scope. Sarah: I may or may not have come up with that. Wink
I'm pretty sure Grammer is a complete language -- invalid commands throw errors, for instance.

And yeah, the idea of Apple releasing a product called the "iRene" wasn't mine, as I put in the credits at the bottom Wink
Deep Thought wrote:
I'm pretty sure Grammer is a complete language -- invalid commands throw errors, for instance.

And yeah, the idea of Apple releasing a product called the "iRene" wasn't mine, as I put in the credits at the bottom Wink
So you did. Very Happy At least with Doors CS's parser hook, the hook itself can force the interpreter to throw errors, but we're getting slightly off-topic here. Out of curiosity, because it's relevant to an argument about Axe we're having on IRC right now, where did you get the impression (or where were you told) that Axe was the first third-party language?
My arrival to the community just as Axe was beginning to pick up and long after the other languages'd pretty much died, I guess.
Deep Thought wrote:
My arrival to the community just as Axe was beginning to pick up and long after the other languages'd pretty much died, I guess.
That makes sense. Anyway, it seems like ClrHome is moving away from all the fake news towards things like real projects and such. If I were to take away two top projects from your current repertoire that you're most proud of, what would they be?
Grammer does not use a parser hook to parse a program >.< Razz
It uses a custom parser that I made XD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours