KermMartian wrote:
I found the problem; someone unexpectedly disconnected, which I hadn't made the server robust enough against. It should be better now.
Oh, i think it was me, koz i had to pull the plug of my pc coz everything froze, srry, and after that it didn'twork anymore.
That's ok, I need to find and fix bugs like that in my software anyway. Smile It needs to be robust against Byzantine attacks.
Wow Kerm, gCn is just amazing, now I can play oblit with my friend later on! You, sir, are a calc-god. I love that gCn also rarely crashes, that is good so I am not constantly rejoining and such. excellent work.

and lolwut? AoE reference?
qazz42 wrote:
and 0x5? AoE reference?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_fault_tolerance
As you'll learn if you glance through the Wikipedia article that Shaun linked, Byzantine faults are those that may affect the system in an arbitrary fashion. Non-Byzantine faults are things like total disconnections of the clients, whereas a Byzantine fault might be a client suddenly spamming 10,000 frames per second, or 16KB-wide frames, or trying to iteratively send messages to every possible calculator address in the address space.
I "borrowed" a 84+ to test this out. This is incredible! Pity I won't be able to try it again for a while...
I love seeing these kind of amazing things being done on a calculator. Someday I would like to be able to do this kind of thing on my Prizm. Very Happy
m1ac4 wrote:
I "borrowed" my brother's 84+ to test this out. This is incredible! Pity I won't be able to try it again for a while...
I love seeing these kind of amazing things being done on a calculator. Someday I would like to be able to do this kind of thing on my Prizm. Very Happy
Thanks for the kind words, m1ac4! Also welcome to Cemetech; would you perhaps like to Introduce Yourself?
It somehow doesn't start anymore, terminal gives this:

EDIT: I'm using ubuntu

Code:
simon@venus:~$ cd ~/dcs72b1
simon@venus:~/dcs72b1$ ./gcnclient_ubuntu -n IRCHub -l Sorunome -d d
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Could not find/open device
Failed to open Direct USB connection to calculator.
simon@venus:~/dcs72b1$ ^C
simon@venus:~/dcs72b1$
You're not running via sudo. Simon is not your superuser account, is it?
KermMartian wrote:
Whoops, thats the problem, thanks! Smile and a nother problem is that the batterys of my calc are to low.... Sad! Razz
Sorunome wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Whoops, thats the problem, thanks! Smile and a nother problem is that the batterys of my calc are to low.... Sad! Razz
Aww, sorry to hear it. How did you manage to lose the sudo bit before the command, out of curiousity?
I just forgot typing :S
Sorunome wrote:
I just forgot typing :S
You know you can pres [up] in bash to access previously-typed commands, right?
I did not need to run the client as root for it to work. It's probably a side effect of the udev definitions for libticables being (manually) installed on my computer.
You may want to add the following information to the README:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SilverLink cable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For SilverLink cable, things are more complicated...

- The following technique can be used for manual setup (using POSIX groups,
as used e.g. on Debian) on udev-using systems:

It may depend on your distribution, but you will have to add a rule to
/etc/udev. As a template, you can create an
/etc/udev/rules.d/20-ticables.rules file with the following rules:
# SilverLink
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451",
ATTR{idProduct}=="e001", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
# TI-84+ DirectLink
ATTR{idProduct}=="e003", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
# TI-89 Titanium DirectLink
ATTR{idProduct}=="e004", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
# TI-84+ SE DirectLink
ATTR{idProduct}=="e008", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
# TI-Nspire DirectLink
ATTR{idProduct}=="e012", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"

(Replace ATTR by SYSFS if your very old version of udev doesn't support ATTR).

The template relies on a group called 'plugdev'. If it doesn't exist, you will
have to create it or choose another group which matches better your system.

You will have to add the user to the group 'plugdev' (by using one of the
user/group management tools, or editing /etc/group to add your username after
the ':'). For example, the line will become:

plugdev:x:46:romain

- On some distributions (e.g. Fedora 12), an alternative, groupless setup
  detailed in the last section can also be used.

Groupless setup for udev >= 143 with udev-acl and ConsoleKit

The above manual setup methods require users to be manually added to groups to
hand out device access. If this is not desired, on some distributions, it is
also possible to set up the system so the user physically in front of the
computer, if any, gets access to what's assumed to be his/her calculator
automatically. The exact procedure varies depending on the individual
distribution and its age. The following procedure works for systems using udev
143 or newer with udev-acl enabled, such as Fedora 12.

How udev-acl works is that a nice system service called ConsoleKit keeps track
of what user(s) is/are currently logged in locally. The udev-acl tool uses this
information to hand out ACLs for these devices to those users.

To use this setup, create a /lib/udev/rules.d/69-libticables.rules file with
the following contents:

ACTION!="add", GOTO="libticables_end"

# serial device (assume TI calculator)
KERNEL=="ttyS[0-3]", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"
# parallel device (assume TI calculator)
SUBSYSTEM=="ppdev", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"
# SilverLink
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="e001", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"
# TI-84+ DirectLink
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="e003", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"
# TI-89 Titanium DirectLink
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="e004", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"
# TI-84+ SE DirectLink
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="e008", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"
# TI-Nspire DirectLink
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="e012", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1"

LABEL="libticables_end"
I will try adding that, but with users already misunderstanding the different between cd/test and cd test/, I really don't have high hopes for them being able to understand how to modify the udev rules. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
After one less than successful alpha release to a limited few Cemetechians, I am happy to present Doors CS 7.2 Beta 1, the first version of Doors CS to introduce Direct USB gCn. With a simple miniUSB cable, you can connect your Doors CS-powered calculator to the internet. Included in this release are a Windows and Linux version. Future versions will re-introduce the Mac OS X version, once Elfprince13 gets a chance to do a bit of development. This version, while working, still has a few glitches and quirks. Firstly, be sure to read the README.txt file included; at this point you must connect the gCnClient before you start Doors CS or your Cn2.2-enabled program. This version fixes a handful of non-CALCnet2.2 bugs, but it is believed that Direct USB is still unstable in rare circumstances. Please give this version a try; you can use Chat+IRCHub to test connecting your calculator to IRC, or Oblitr8+oblithub to play Obliterate with fellow Cemetechians. Please give it a try and post your feedback in the attached thread!

Note: Please, please read the README before you test this!

Download:
Doors CS 7.2 Beta 1

Awesome, you changed the linking protocol (I guess), great!I gotta try it!
Alright, so I/Acag thought of a neat thing. It would be cool if there were some packet that could be sent to the calc that would tell it to send a dump of the screen to the client.
I think Tilp can display the currents calculator screen
Shaun, that is certainly very possible, although not with my current 11 bytes of free space on Page 0 that will probably go towards trying to allow on the fly cable insertions and pulls. Smile I'll see what I can do.

Scout, no, I added Direct USB as a gCn interface mechanism so people without Arduinos or microcontrollers can connect to gCn.

Sorunome: TiLP and TI-Connect both can do so, but the feature is dependent on the TI-OS interrupt running instead of a custom interrupt, in this case the CALCnet interrupt.
But not while gCn is running.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours