ok, problem, how do we get into orbit, and how do people then use their calcs?
Oh, minor problems, I'm sure we could get around then very easily. Wink
People could go into orbit to program their calcs... Laughing
Yeah! That's the solution...
You'd still have to have about 500 satellites.
It'd be easier to piggyback a signal onto another signal and relay transmissions that way.
Wow, I have to say that we are the wierdist forum on the face of the planet Laughing . In a good way Very Happy . Anyway, if we get enough money we can actually make some radio towers and set them places in citys that we live in on property that we are allowed to and then we would them into hotspots that the wireless reciever for the calc would connect to a server some were in the city or area. And now for:

The Wireless Equipment:
30 Mile Kit-----------------------------------------Approximatly $800
5 Mile Kit ------------------------------------------Approximatly $700
3 Mile Kit------------------------------------------Approximatly $600

These are all ideas we can use to make this possible. If we just make an across the room connection, I personaly think that, it would be pointless to make it in the first place because we could just as easily jump on the computer an use the internet there. So I am kinda trying to shoot for the real stuff. If we all want to do this we could each pitch in some money to get alot of these and make it a kinda big thing so that this is possible. This is kinda big but we have everything almost other than a wireless link.

My idea:
Make a server(even in a room inside your house) then set up the wireless links around your town inplaces you have permission to put it and then Sell/Give away the products to people who need it.

We could sell this and actually create a business of cemetech and then we could get equal shares off our profits.

I really think that if we want to we could make this a big thing.

Sorry I was dreaming again

-Swivel
Nothing wrong with dreaming. I do it all the time. In math, that is...
Anyways, the calc end of the wireless transimission would have to be handled by a device that can plug into a standard link port (not everone has an 84+) and the program that displays data will have to run at decent speed on an 83+. Manufacturing these devices wuld probably be expensive, any ideas on that? Also I think that if the server translates the page into a different format that will be easier to read then the speed would be faster. You also have the problem of obtaining permission to set up your towers, which will be hard to come by without some outlandish accessions on our part. The only place to put towers (which would have to be built, another obstacle) cost-effectively would be on your own property, which I'm assuming isn't large enough to cover any significant area.
Just for the record, i'm now an expert of consumer urban wireless access (remember the AdonisTech forum?), so let me revise those numbers:

30 Mile Kit:............................................$32,500
5 Mile Kit:..............................................$10,420
3 Mile Kit:..............................................$8,000
KermMartian wrote:
Just for the record, I'm now an expert of consumer urban wireless access (remember the AdonisTech forum?), so let me revise those numbers:

30 Mile Kit:............................................$32,500
5 Mile Kit:..............................................$10,420
3 Mile Kit:..............................................$8,000

Not sure I get what you mean by that? The Prices were completely differant than the ones you posted. I am confused.......

-Swivel
I think the transceiver might cost $600, but the decrypter and other apparati would cost a lot more than that. Besides, $600 for ~28 sq mi of coverage is a bit underrated I think.
The costs I quoted are for WiMax/Wifi installation, hardware, software, and maintenance for 5 years.
Interesting. We need to find a better way to make hotspots and things that will jump the Calc over to the computer from far away. Once thats done then we can use gCn longdistance and we may use my idea of the TI'NTERNET Sites.

-Swivel
I think just use pre-created hotspots and wireless signals. Much cheaper.
Well, the calcs require a 2-phase data signal, so I dunno about that...
Unless the wireless enabling attachment can compensate for that. Kind of like how a calc runs ti-basic.
Right, right, some kind of interpretive hardware. Hmm, probably possible...
Probably the most cost-effective.
Also the most work-intensive.
Coding the interpreter would probably be the hardest part, unless the hardware needed to be constructed from scratch.
Well, the calc-end wireless adapter might need some modification, but the router could just be flashed with some custom software.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours