Yeah, I guess you're right about that. w/e Smile
So do you know how much longer it'll take to finsh this project? I am extremely interested in this. If there is any way I can help you tell me, I cant help with much but I'll try.

-Swivel
I hope to have a working prototype within one year.
Awsome well if theres any way I can help please tell me.

-swivel
K great, thanks. I did some work on the protocol today.
Quote:
gCn = calculator internet + IM + remote file downloading + email + etc

Gettin' a little carried away here aren't we? Very Happy
No way a TI-83+ is going to be able to handle all that data...

As for the whole linking thing, wasn't there another member on this forum that was trying to make an RF link set not too long ago? Hmm...maybe swivel should try reading up on RF and analog/digital conversions and such to get this up and running...
If someone could actually make that, or just use a chip like this (drat, lemme find the link), it could work quite easily.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/2/26/26963.html

Ah, here's the chip num: nRF0433
Hell, it's possible, but you'd need antennaes, coils, A/D conversion ICs, D/A conversion ICs, etc. So the add-on would be preety big; you'd have to stuff it very tightly into the case and make sure it doesn't crack the screen.
why not a external box with a link?
It'd be too large and unwieldy. And the link port on a 83+ is not in the best position for an external object large enough to contain all the necessary components.
[offtopic]there are 7 guests on this site as I post this. Did Kerm start an advertising plan that I missed out on or what?[/offtopic]
now, one idea is, you could take the device and attach it to the back of the calculator and have the cord (not too long) just loop back do the device, that way you can have it on. but only thing is, is that its going to be a big device hanging off the back of a small calulator, lol. If some one had the money and time to some how make a Blue Tooth Calculator Device that would be good.
Kuro wrote:
It'd be too large and unwieldy. And the link port on a 83+ is not in the best position for an external object large enough to contain all the necessary components.
[offtopic]there are 7 guests on this site as I post this. Did Kerm start an advertising plan that I missed out on or what?[/offtopic]

I think Google is spidering me a lot...

@Swivel: don't worry, I have hundreds of pages of doodles on the subject, that is one of my ideas. Cool
Can you post the doodles or are they "classified"?
I'll try to find some of them and scan them in.
Seems to me like the whole gCn stuff died down a while back. Maybe posting said doodles will generate some more ideas (read: work Razz Just Joking ).
Hardly, we're just waiting for DCS6 to start dev after 5.5 is released so that there's a framework to put gCn in.
But the hardware still needs to be designed and constructed.
But remember; a calc isn't fast enough to process that standard, so it would be pointless to implement bluetooth on a calc, even if you had a buffer circuit.
True.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
But remember; a calc isn't fast enough to process that standard, so it would be pointless to implement bluetooth on a calc, even if you had a buffer circuit.

I think he means something Bluetooth-esque, not necessarily BT itself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours