I am looking for a program, for mac, that can create, edit, and save pdf files. I know that MacOS had a file-->PDF converter built in, but I can't edit the resulting PDF.
I know a program that can create .pdf files, MS Word for Mac.

Also, editing a PDF, I'm not sure how that can be done for any OS.
The PDF format was not intended to be edited, you can create PDF's but if you plan on editing them it is better to leave them in some other form intended for such and only use PDF for the final product.
http://docs.google.com/

It has a built-in PDF decoder.
Some PDF's are encoded with forms where you can write your name and other information on them in certain areas; much like a job application. and Preview may have the functionality to edit those particular PDF's but itself cannot OCR a PDF.

Google Docs can do that for you, then you can download the file and edit it. It may not be formatted identically, but it'll be editable & formatable text.
comicIDIOT, that's totally different. When you save the form data in such PDFs, it's saved differently, not in the PDF itself. Smile On windows, CutePDF is a good option to print to PDF, in my experience. I think Foxit Reader might also have a PDF authoring tool.
I draw funny things on PDF's in Photoshop and can save them in the PDF format from there.
I think OpenOffice.org can edit PDFs, but I'm not sure.
Dalton wrote:
I draw funny things on PDF's in Photoshop and can save them in the PDF format from there.
Yeah, Photoshop is the exception here, but it's still converting out of PDF format, adding your vector drawing elements, and storing it back, as far as I know.
Can do that with both photoshop and Illustrators pen tool.

Edit: Am I the only graphic artist here?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours