Hello,
So I never, ever do my math homework. I consider it a waste of time. For a while, my teacher tried using an iron fist, never accepting late work or offering extra credit. And my grades would suck. She would end up getting pissed off though, when I would ace her tests, and thus, avoid failing. However, we have recently struck up a deal. Every TI-Basic math program that I give her will count for one 100% homework assignment - provided they are better than the ones she already has.
With this in mind, I have started writing tons of TI-Basic math programs. And the angle I'm doing in order to surpass the quality of her exisiting ones is this: Extra Detail. What this means is that not only does each program give you the answer, it shows the work as well (or finds some other way of providing extra detail). I have completed a program already for calculating the Cross Product of two vectors that shows all of the work necissary to reach the answer. After finishing this, I started on a triangle solver program, which is about 50% complete. The only problem with these programs is that they take a while - the cross product one was a few hours of work.
Once I get a good number of these done, I'll release them in a bundle (they rely heavily on common subprograms).
That sounds like a cool project, and the screenshots look great. Are these pure BASIC, or do they use hybrid libraries? Since you just mentioned on IRC that you don't have Doors CS on your calculator, I tend to think they're pure BASIC.
Pure TI-Basic, which is part of why it's difficult to do some stuff.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Pure TI-Basic, which is part of why it's difficult to do some stuff.
Definitely. Is that a choice due to lack of experience with Hybrid, wanting to keep it Pure for the teacher, lack of xLIB/DCS on your calculator, or some combination thereof?
Pure for the teacher, and the fact that I enjoy the challenge. For example, I had to come up with a pure Basic way of converting a number to a string. I initially used the LinReg method, but that cleared the graph screen, which ended up being unacceptable. So I devised another method that does it without LinReg, which I'm quite satisfied with.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours