18%  [ 3 ]
TI-84+ SE
 56%  [ 9 ]
Other
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

cerzus69 wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Are you referencing other RAM pages? Specifically the ones that are non-existent on some ti 84+se and all ti 83+ calcs?

Possibly. I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't require sifting through every line.
I probably won't continue adding features before I correct the error, though.

About the sprites: I am positive that I could come up with a sprite sheet with symbols that are easier to tell apart, but I don't feel like abandoning the numbers. It's not called BeNUMBERed for nothing...

actually, this is probably it, dabbling in ram pages that dont exsist will cause a crash Very Happy
souvik1997 wrote:
I personally like the concept of using numbers instead of sprites.
Thank you. I might change them around a bit to make them more discernable from each other. Especially the 2, 3, 5 and 6 are sometimes hard to tell apart when you're glancing over the board, but I I'll stick with numbers in any case. Of course I've also got the 0, 8 and 9 at my disposal so I might throw them in in stead of others.

qazz42: You are probably right. It's probably some SMC that's messing around. I have the feeling that it is writing to some offset from the start of the program, because the error changes when I add or remove code. Before I added the contrast chaning and teacker key, it would mess with the graphics and reset ram after that if I wouldn't return to the menu quickly. But in the updated version it will just lock up at random moments, while the grayscale routine will still run though... I just have no idea where this error is generated and I'm close to either giving up (because I can't release a faulty game) or starting all over again. Both options suck balls if you ask me, but what can I do?

Progbeard wrote:
I think a 24-bit score is kind of an awkward value to handle. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, so I'd scale that down.
It is an awkward value to handle, but I've got it all working now, so I don't see the point in scaling it down again. Scaling up would be pointless, since I am positive NOBODY will exceed 16777215. 65535 is hard enough as it is, but possible.
If you're just using offsets into RAM, then you're not going to be switching RAM pages anywhere, and you're fine (well, you'd have to work very hard to do so). Why not ask us to help you track it down?
I would and thats partially why I ask people to test it. But also, would you be willing to sift through several 1000 lins of asm code to track the problem? I'd be great ofcourse...
cerzus69 wrote:
I would and thats partially why I ask people to test it. But also, would you be willing to sift through several 1000 lins of asm code to track the problem? I'd be great ofcourse...
That's what I do every single day with my programs. Razz Doors CS is something like 30,000 or 40,000 lines of z80 ASM the last time I checked, so I'm well used to the pain. Razz
Okay, well that's great to hear then! It's divided over 12 source files, so how would I give them to you without publishing them online? (I assume I can trust YOU won't steal it)

Should I attach it to an e-mail?
cerzus69 wrote:
Okay, well that's great to hear then! It's divided over 12 source files, so how would I give them to you without publishing them online? (I assume I can trust YOU won't steal it)

Should I attach it to an e-mail?
Well, can you first send me/us the executable, so I/we can try to narrow down the sections of the program that could be causing the problem?
You've got that in the archives, don't you? Confused
cerzus69 wrote:
You've got that in the archives, don't you? Confused
Ah, that version has the bug? Excellent, wasn't sure.
Yes, especially the version with the contrast changing and teacher key added has it. But it only bugs on my own 83+, not on my brother's 84+, so you might have to test in on a 83+.
cerzus69 wrote:
Yes, especially the version with the contrast changing and teacher key added has it. But it only bugs on my own 83+, not on my brother's 84+, so you might have to test in on a 83+.
Are there any pieces of code in your program that are switched on the calculator type?
Nope. It is the exact same file. And it does not detect in the code what hardware it is running on. (Yet)

One other thing: the error seems to change or dissappear from the program when I change the order that the source files are included in the main file. Sometimes I can make it go away by reordering those. But this does not seem like a solid solution as this way it is probably messing in memory outside of the program (possibly other programs and/or variables in ram?).
Do you have any code over the $C000 mark? You know that PC >= $C000 causes a crash, right?
I know, but no way, the program is only 6000 bytes long with about 2000 bytes of data. If PC does go there, it is beyond my knowledge or intention.
cerzus69 wrote:
I know, but no way, the program is only 6000 bytes long with about 2000 bytes of data. If PC does go there, it is beyond my knowledge or intention.
Just for the sake of safety, are you making sure that all your code is before your data?
Yes, I've got one file with all the data and I #included it at the very end. But I am also using a lot of SMC; not only variables, but variable jr's and changing instructions, which makes the line between code and data a little thinner I suppose...
cerzus69 wrote:
Yes, I've got one file with all the data and I #included it at the very end. But I am also using a lot of SMC; not only variables, but variable jr's and changing instructions, which makes the line between code and data a little thinner I suppose...
I suppose. I guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what I can trace out before I request your source code then, I guess.
Okay, well any help is very welcome! As is any clue as to what part of the game might be generating it. I'll hear from you?

EDIT: Ooh, I have an updated version now, that has an error on my 83+ clear as day and all the time. Again, it does not happen on the 84+. I am sure this the same error as the other ones, but it is now writing to another area of my program, because I've added something to it (at least that's what I figure).
Now the 2nd an 5th column of the board won't drop down right and I didn't change anything that has anything to do with that.

EDIT2: Oh, yeah, it does not happen in WabbitEmu either.
I rejected your file, I'm afraid, since it was submitted as a new file. Would you mind submitting it as an update?
KermMartian wrote:
I rejected your file, I'm afraid, since it was submitted as a new file. Would you mind submitting it as an update?
Sure. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours