http://aws.amazon.com/free/

It looks like a good start, and then after your free year is up the cheapest you can do is about $15 a month for the same stuff. I'm not a fan of the per hour billing, but it does make sense for something that elastic. Pay for what you're using and all.
This is related to all this conversation. I was going to reprogram my site on a different host. But I was wondering if there was a better (cheaper?) solution to get a domain name and web host? (I used Lunarpages last time. ANYTHING is bound to be better!)
@adept your site seems to be broken... also, you're using table tags like it's 1996 Sad
KermMartian wrote:
That seems pretty attractive, but don't they charge a sizeable amount for bandwidth?
Depending on where (geographically) you have them put your instance, it's 10 cents per gigabyte of transfer in, and 15 per gigabyte out up to the first 10 terabytes, where the cost drops.

alex10819 wrote:
It looks like a good start, and then after your free year is up the cheapest you can do is about $15 a month for the same stuff. I'm not a fan of the per hour billing, but it does make sense for something that elastic. Pay for what you're using and all.
The current term on the shared hosting I'm using is just about up, and this is actually what I'm gearing up for a switchover to.
Yayyyyy Tables!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours