huh...i can't compile the gcn source. i get this error:

Code:
globalCalcnet2.java: In class `globalCalcnet2':
globalCalcnet2.java: In method `globalCalcnet2.createImageIcon(java.lang.String)':
globalCalcnet2.java:267: error: Can't find constructor `javax.swing.ImageIcon(Ljava/net/URL;)' in type `javax.swing.ImageIcon'.
           return new ImageIcon(imgURL);
                      ^
1 error

i also can't compile the .class's to native machine code, that also gets errors

EDIT: I compiled it w/ blackdown-jdk v 1.4.2 and it appears to be working. HOWEVER, one of the functions uses a depreciated API - this COULD be the source of some of the problems...

Code:
Note: ./GCNConnection.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.

EDIT2: i went to preferences and entered in my user name and pass (why the two logins needed? which is what?) but i get autherror2 or calcautherror
That means you have the wrong user/pass pair entered. Razz
the deprecated class used is printstream, which is used only for the output textbox and for printing stuff to the server, and it is still supported.

The two logins is so you will eventually be able to have different calc attached to the same computer accessing the network.
KermMartian wrote:
That means you have the wrong user/pass pair entered. Razz

i definitely entered my usr/password correctly. I tried several times (I put the same usr/pass for both fields, and it matches the one i use here)

Oh, and the preferences window is streatched monstrously long, wtf is up with that? (did that both on the pre-compiled one, and when i compiled it)

EDIT: GAH! stupid f'ing case-sensitive BS!! since i typed in my username as "kllrnohj" rather than "Kllrnohj" (i didn't capitalize the "K" cause i never do when i sign into the forums) it didn't work. stupid POS - although the "find users" thing doesn't seem to do anything....
not yet it doesn't. I can uncase-sensitivize it

Kerm: are passwords case sensitive it?

also the pref window has been like that, the layoutmanager is scrwed up
Yes they are elfprince.
You know, I've been thinking, and I realized that in order to use TiLP you'll need to use C. Is that a problem? Perhaps this program should be in some C form?
I wasn't planning on using TiLP, but I could write a JNI lib. I was thinking of writing everything from scratch.
Oh, ok. So you don't think C++ is gonna happen?
It might. the problem with C++ is it equires a lot mroe work to make it multi platform, and I have a lot more skill with Java.
Mmmhmm, that makes sense. Would it help if I got a second programmer for you to work with?
I dont know. My Dad is awesome at debugging my code, but it might be helpful.....the main problem would be that we have dial-up, probably for at least another 6 months, and its hard to communicate a lot using dial-up. Sad
Yeah, definitely Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Yes they are elfprince.
You know, I've been thinking, and I realized that in order to use TiLP you'll need to use C. Is that a problem? Perhaps this program should be in some C form?

tilp doesn't yet support the black direct-connect USB cable, otherwise i would be working on a C++ version Laughing (or at least, attempting too)

And I find (as I switch back and forth between win and linux) that C++ is alot more cross-platform compatible than java Wink (assuming cross-platform libraries are used) This is probably do to C/C++ being a very matured language, so great compilers are available for both systems....

However, if there are similar libraries to the one elfprince is using for java exist for C/C++, then a C/C++ port shouldn't be too hard, as java and C++ are fairly similar

If elf wants to write the backend in C++, I'd be more than willing to whip up a fancy wxWidgets GUI (which has great cross-platform support)
I'd be willing to do that. Of course it would mean learning quite a bit more C++, but thats okay becuase Im signed up for Java next semester, but my teacher doesn't think she knows enough to teach me more Java, which means Ill start learing either C or C++.
OK, let's do that then. Kllrnohj, I would like to invite you to join the gCn team.
sure thing...

mind if i pretty-up the UI more? Wink

I'll set my RAD up to make VC++ Project files - unless you'd prefer GCC make files? (others are supported, but these are the two most common - lemme know if you need a diff compiler)
Well, seeing as this is moving away from Java to C++, using your classes from Java to Moka won't work, elf. I can work on the 68k version as soon as everything is ironed out and finalized.
what's moka Confused
Java compiler for 68k calcs. From what I understand, it creates C code to compile from the Java.
But if we're doing it in C, can't you just use TIGCC?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours