I probably wont be. Im online till 3:45 Sad

I did find something wierd, and this may be the server script. Logout and Find User are also returning AUTHERROR2....they shouldnt be doing that should they? I thought only Login should be returning that....

EDIT
===
and why am I getting an "a" on the line above it, and a "0" on the line below it?

EDIT
===
hey sweet, how long have I been moderator? Good Idea
Ok, AUTHERROR2 is incorrect user/pwd pair or inactive user.
I know, I saved the sheet with the different errors. I cant figure it out, because I have typed them both correctly, and it compared the md5 hash with the one in the html form, which does work.

anyway right now Im working on the preferences menu.
OK, great. The program let's you type in a user and pass for both the host and the calculator, right?
yes. it does. Im modifiying it now so mine isn't hardcoded in. this'll let you test it easier. btw, did you get the updae I sent you too work?
Nope, same error. Did you make it send the IP address with the headers now? Oh, and I'd double-check your stuff if I were you, that's the only thing that causes an AE2. Tell me what time you submit a specific request and I'll find it in the logs.
I haven't done that yet. Im trying to figure out how to get your own IP address using java.

welll, I fiugred it out, after browsing the API, however I dont know what you want me to call the header? or which header do I put it under? i tried IPAddress, but the gave me a 400 Bad Request error. I dont think it is needed, because I can connect in to the script without it.
No, I know it works, but it's a necessary feature because other gCn hosts are going to be contacting you, so they need to know the IP.

You better add another POST field then, 'IPAddr'.
so should it be another thing under the ADD command? ADD%%.....&IpAddr=__.__.__.__?
No, make it another part in the header separate from the Query.
so the name of the header is IPAddr?
allright, that's working, your server seems to be accepting it Smile
Cool, care to send me the new one? I have something to show you, will you be online around 3pm EST today?
I will send it to you, but I wont be online right at 3, cause Im getting a flu shot. The preference window is there, but it is still a little wacky and doesnt actually effect the preferences yet.
K, can you setup login?
that is the very thing I am working on. Trying to absorb unwanted keypresses in the calc-ID field (non-Hex digits). also I have now logged in successfully using the program. (w00t w00t)

anyway, what was the name you wanted me to use for the IP address part of the query? i forgot *sheepish*
IPAddr Smile
Can't wait, do you think you'll have something/be online before 9pm EST today?
preferences work. If it doens't like the server port item (which shouldn't usually be changed anyway) it ignores it. should take me about two minutes to add the IP thing

EDIT
===

IPAddr has now been added to all queries. Configuring login is set. you want to make an announcement?
Let me have copy so I can test it and make some screenies, than I'll post frontpage news. Smile
BTW, please make sure it send useragent as Certified_gCn_Host first. Thanks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours