For some reason, which I can't figure out, this one particular font won't render on my netbook. It works just fine on another computer, but when I open it up or try to use it I get blanks. The offending font is http://www.startrekperu.com/fonts-star-trek/Tktngmo2.rar, and other fonts from the same website work just fine. This is a problem because the two Bennisoft LCARS programs I just installed use this font, and while I could always substitute a similar font to make the programs work, I'd really like to know why one computer can render this, and another can't.

EDIT- the plot thickens, when I rename another font to take it's place in the program folder, it takes on the same characteristics as the one that won't render(opening it reveals a blank page, and even the title is the same). Is there some kind of cache I need to clear?
Without downloading that file, is it truetype or another format? I can't think of anything offhand that would cause this behavior, nor any sort of cache to clear. Sad
truetype

EDIT- it now works after restarting my computer. Weird. While the crisis is averted, I'd still like to better understand how this would have happened.
Under windows it could have been a random suckfest, as still happens sometimes.
elfprince13 wrote:
To be fair, other OSes have odd glitches on occasion as well, Captain Macintosh. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
To be fair, other OSes have odd glitches on occasion as well, Captain Macintosh. Wink

<troll>Absolutely. Linux for example randomly re-enables my touchpad when my mouse plugged in unless I kill syndaemon in the terminal, but I can't find where it's starting up in the first place. Wink

My Mac never does anything anomalous unless I install alpha quality kernel extensions. The same is probably true for Windows, but since "alpha quality" describes most device drivers under Windows we can't expect too much from it :p</troll>
So if I post the freeware programs that use this font, I'm not gonna have people complaining about the font not working?
Sounds like not, or if they do, you know what fixed it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours