It would break too much. If I was an end-user, if wouldn't want to have to run a program to encapsulate my file into a appvar, then send that appvar to the calc with tilp, especially with multiple files in separate directories. You still can't manipulate the fs at all... Then for serial data... :-S

It just isn't sane to use TI's linking protocol
Ah, so this is the project I often heard you talking about on #ti Smile
I take it that C is making development faster Razz
Good luck!
Well, after beating my head with some sdcc, I finally worked out my library calling bug (my god was that painful).

Now, a working program separate from GlassOS!

Using these items from the gui library:

• desktop
  • button
  • label
  • menu bar
  • popups
  • callbacks

Yeah, it says AHelper, the string would be off the screen, so better not...

Laughing
Ooh, that looks really nice!
The OS does basic functionality. What is displayed is the main launcher program, separate from the OS. (runs as it's own process) I will work on finishing the filesystem, and then the launcher can be finished (then linky's frontend programming will commence).

... YAY
souvik1997 wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
qazz42 wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

Where did that actually start?

Anyway, looks nice so far! What are you planning for the filesystem?
Heh, actually, I have a question, I really think this was asked before, but will you have support for .8xp asm/basic files? Or will it have it's own language?
graphmastur wrote:
What are you planning for the filesystem?

It is actually very similar to the heap memory layout in the RAM. The fs has 2 parts - the actual storage area and an index area. I believe that the VAT would have my form of an index (file name, creation data, flags, page, etc.) as the VAT entry/header. Each page is formatted as a memory heap (modified to not erase) and my stdio routines are able to interface with lower-level functions to write out data (rant::rant)

qazz wrote:
will you have support for .8xp asm/basic files? Or will it have it's own language?

This should answer it...

AHelper wrote:
It is not trying to provide support for anything tios related.

It doesn't have a basic processor. The OS just provides basic stuff. Someone will have to make a scripting program for that to work Smile .

Anyways, if you do run anything in asm, then, well, it will be a little hard trying to figure out how exactly sdcc passes parameters to functions (it isn't that bad, it passes words as a push and a byte as a push af/inc sp, except for floats, longs, etc.).

As a little side note, I am working on serializing the GUI data into a nice fancy array instead of a monster of space-wasting commands, as this is used to create and run the about dialog:

Code:
void about_close(GUI_Key k, GUI_Container* c, GUI_Widget *w)
{
  c->closed = true;
}
void about()
{
  GUI_Container *desktop = GUI_Desktop_Create();
  GUI_Return *ret = malloc(sizeof(GUI_Return));

char *llabel1 = malloc(20);
  char *llabel2 = malloc(50);
  char *lbutton = malloc(5);

GUI_Widget *label1 = GUI_Label_Create(25, 20, llabel1);
  GUI_Widget *label2 = GUI_Label_Create(15,30, llabel2);
  GUI_Widget *button = GUI_Button_Create(35, 50, 30, lbutton);

strcpy(llabel1, "GlassOS v1");
  strcpy(llabel2, "Copyright AHelper");
  strcpy(lbutton, "Back");

ret->w = 1;
  button->callback = about_close;

GUI_Desktop_Add(desktop, label1);
  GUI_Desktop_Add(desktop, label2);
  GUI_Desktop_Add(desktop, button);

LCD_clear();

GUI_Desktop_Prep(desktop);
  while(ret->w != 0)
  {
    GUI_Desktop_Do(desktop,ret);
    if(ret->w)
      ret->w->callback(ret->k, ret->c, ret->w);
  }
  GUI_Desktop_Destroy(desktop);
  free(llabel1);
  free(llabel2);
  free(lbutton);
  free(ret);
}
Quote:
It is not trying to provide support for anything tios related.

ah, ok then. I should have remembered that x.x
When you say "basic processor," do you mean "BASIC interpreter", or something else? At any rate, that looks great, keep up the good work! I wish I had the luxury of using SDCC for things like Doors CS. Sad
Yeah, I meant a basic interpreter.

Doors CS7 + SDCC = Razz
(What's TIKil and Redintegrate?) Doors CS 7 + SDCC = 200KB or something
TiKill is a partial clone of the Robots game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_%28computer_game%29) for the TI89. I used the simple code to test how bad z88dk is, and, well, the code that z88dk was over 400% bigger than stuff from tigcc...

Redintegrate is a first person shooter for linux. I am jumping between both projects (as I am currently busy on GlassOS Smile ).

(If you haven't played Robots... http://ctho.ath.cx/games/robots/
Great, thanks for the clarifications. I hope that you'll be showing us more about those other projects once you switch back to them from GlassOS.
I am working on getting process creation and management working, and then it is off to make gLinky and friends! I hope to see those USB packets flyin' by soon...
AHelper wrote:
I am working on getting process creation and management working, and then it is off to make gLinky and friends! I hope to see those USB packets flyin' by soon...
I thought you've had USB working for a while? Also, what's gLinky?
AHelper wrote:
Would it error if the string went off the screen? Do you not do any kind of culling or anything?
Yes, i have had Linky up and running for a while. However, Linky for the TI89 is both the driver and the frontend. gLinky is the frontend to Linky (the usb driver). Linky works, its just that nothing interfaces with it yet.

I am using gLinky (GlassOS Linky, as that's my naming trend) as the name just so nobody gets gLinky mixed up with the TI89's Linky.

bleh

<edit>
I also realized that my process creation has hit a small wall due to the fact that parameters for starting a process are on bank 2 (somewhere @ 0xBFFF) and the function reformats bank 2.... oops, time to use asm!

merthsoft wrote:
AHelper wrote:
Would it error if the string went off the screen? Do you not do any kind of culling or anything?

The printf function as of right now simple moves down a line, but that means that it starts all the way at the left. Also, the OS has no screen scrolling functions, so after the screen is filled, the screen clears. Yes, that's bad, but I reading the LCD is another thing that I can't do easily... (handling the ON key being the worst thing Mad )
Detecting the ON key can be done by reading a port, right?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 28
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours