Maybe add something that unzips zipped files for you.

edited by comic.
I think that's a feature that's already implemented (though for choice users).

Do you want to download a file from Ti-Calc then immediately upload to SC to check the program without you having to open the ZIP? Also, it'd likely take a good amount of server load to do that, parse the files and weed out the readable objects then parse those.
steelersfan1693 wrote:

edited by comic.

There is something much easier for that. Right click->Unzip to <folder> and then go to them from SC, that is much faster in the long run.
Sonlen wrote:
steelersfan1693 wrote:

edited by comic.

There is something much easier for that. Right click->Unzip to <folder> and then go to them from SC, that is much faster in the long run.
I wouldn't say it's much faster in the long run, but it certainly eliminates any need for Kerm to spend his time making it do that.
merthsoft wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
steelersfan1693 wrote:

edited by comic.

I wouldn't say it's much faster in the long run, but it certainly eliminates any need for Kerm to spend his time making it do that.

Well it is when it comes to using Tokens for offline. :p
No offense, but you must be pretttty lazy no not just right click and press unzip....
qazz42 wrote:
No offense, but you must be pretttty lazy no not just right click and press unzip....
I'm sure before there was any zip context menu integration someone said "you're pretty much lazy to not open a console and type unzip". As we've said before, qazz, try to remain constructive.
You don't even need to bother to unzip the files somewhere - just right-click the zip archive in the file dialog, select Open, browse for the file you need inside the archive then click OK.

Edit: Assuming a relatively recent version of Windows or similarly-equipped operating system, at least. Wink
I am just saying, considering how easy and simple it is to unzip something, it would be pretty redundant to force Kerm to add an unzipper (if there is none, I have not used SC in a while...) and even if he does not have a zip context menu, then why not just type unzip then? It does not seem very complicated to me.
qazz42 wrote:
I am just saying, considering how easy and simple it is to unzip something, it would be pretty redundant to force Kerm to add an unzipper (if there is none, I have not used SC in a while...) and even if he does not have a zip context menu, then why not just type unzip then? It does not seem very complicated to me.
I agree that it's not very complicated, but that doesn't mean it's a pointless feature. Lots of the things we do in modern software can be done some other way. This isn't a totally useless feature. In fact, I might just support opening/importing zip files in Tokens (though this isn't the right place to discuss that).
I have indeed implemented the skeleton of this feature for a teacher, but since he never showed up again to remind me to implement it, I never finished adding it. Even if I do add it, though, I will keep it restricted to a select few users, since it does indeed incur significant server load, especially under malicious usage, for example a 2MB zip full of 100,000 1-byte files and their respective allocation table entries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours