qazz42 wrote:
NSPIRE TESTING MAN! AAAAAWWWWWWAAAAAYYYYYY!

whene this gets released, I call playing/testing it!
That sounds awesome. Smile Graphmastur, AhAwesome, Merth, and myself will have to play a gCn-linked game, and I hope DJ_Omni, RCFreak0, 0rac343, and Qwerty.55 (?) will join us if and when they get Arduinos.
darn, the arduino I still need Sad I managed to find one though, that should work I just need to buy it and get the sockets Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
darn, the arduino I still need Sad I managed to find one though, that should work I just need to buy it and get the sockets Very Happy
The 2.5mm sockets? That's fair, good luck finding them. The company (Futurlec) seems to actually have an office in New York, but I don't think they have a store. Sad
I found some at radio shack. I had to go to about 3 different ones, though.
merthsoft wrote:
I found some at radio shack. I had to go to about 3 different ones, though.
Yeah, they do have them, but they sell them something like $3.00 for two (perhaps even more expensive) rather than less than $1.00 each. I suppose that might be worth it for the sake of convenience, though.
Am I correct in thinking WoW for the TI-83+? Perhaps Halo on-line next? Razz
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Am I correct in thinking WoW for the TI-83+? Perhaps Halo on-line next? Razz
I would love a Real-Time Strategy game for CALCnet; that's why I hope that one day Civ Sim II may be completed. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
The 2.5mm sockets? That's fair, good luck finding them. The company (Futurlec) seems to actually have an office in New York, but I don't think they have a store. Sad

Heh, I found some in a link you posted. Tiem to write Castlevania Multiplayer for this Razz
Yeah, via Futurlec, but they're a mail-order / internet-order company, and I know many of us here have difficulty getting parts from such sites. Anyway, I'll have some new updates on Obliterate soon. A question: would you guys like the current player to occasionally send the angle of its turret while the player is moving and aiming? Or just wait for the update when the player shoots?
Just waiting for the update when he shoots will be fine for me Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Aight, I'll do that for now; please let me know if anyone else is unhappy with that. It wouldn't be horrible to add a more complex update system if necessary.
qazz42 wrote:

That would be ok for me too.
KermMartian wrote:
A question: would you guys like the current player to occasionally send the angle of its turret while the player is moving and aiming? Or just wait for the update when the player shoots?
I'd prefer watching the turret move.
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
A question: would you guys like the current player to occasionally send the angle of its turret while the player is moving and aiming? Or just wait for the update when the player shoots?
I'd prefer watching the turret move.
Bah, you love making my life harder for me. Fine, I'll implement that before I implement the parabolic equations. Razz
So! We have turn-taking, we have aiming and power-setting, we have parabolic motion (which was a massive, massive pain in the neck), we have collision detection, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. Other than debugging, important things still missing are the explosion at collision, health removal, terrain removal, and detection of turn-skipping and game-over conditions.

Kerm, what are the shifting bits at the bottom of the screen for?
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Kerm, what are the shifting bits at the bottom of the screen for?
It's a debugging run indicator for CALCnet. First 8 pixels are the interrupt running, next 8 anre receiving, next 8 are transmitting, and lower-right corner is collisions. There's a flag that turns it on and off; I'll turn it off for Chat! 1.0 and Obliterate 1.0.
Okay. I was worried that you might be overwriting the buffer.
Oooh, pretteh! Out of curiosity, will there be death if the tank falls into a hole or what?
qazz42 wrote:
Oooh, pretteh! Out of curiosity, will there be death if the tank falls into a hole or what?
Not planned at this point, no. I'm thinking of probably not doing fall damage. One thing to note in that set of screenies that I didn't explicitly point out is that the gun turrets move in synchronicity. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours