Programmer's game
Learn How to program and optimize your programs by playing this puzzle oriented game.
The game is based off of Ice caves, slide, Orbox etc
However players will use the Catalog to write a 'program' to move their box to the finish line, whilst avoiding mines and moving around solid boxes etc.
Player scores will depend on how small their 'program' is.

Dependencies
DCSlib (Doors 7.0+)
It will use Celtic 3 to write your string to a program to move your box.

Purpose
To help any newcomers to BASIC programming to kind of learn how to use commands, and how to optimize their programs, if they want to make games or programs.

CheckList
Level Pack 0%
Level Loader 100%
Main Engine 20%
Celtic 3 parts 0%
DCSlib parts 5%
This seems cool, do you have a UI planned?
I'm not familiar with this particular gameplay concept; do you have some screenshots out there on the internet that closely resemble the kind of game of which you're thinking of making? I'm of course very happy that you'll be using the DCSB Libs to make this game, and I hope that you will show us your progress and feel free to ask any DCSB Libs questions you have.
Something like this?
souvik1997 wrote:
Something like this?
Ahhh, that makes sense. I think that that would be a very neat game to write with the DCSB libs.Smile
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Something like this?
Ahhh, that makes sense. I think that that would be a very neat game to write with the DCSB libs.Smile

Exactly souvik thanks. And yes, I plan to use DCSBlibs for the Menus. I have the UI kind of planned out, it'll be CMD line based, where you'll probably type your program into a string which I'll either use Celtic 3 to write to a program, or use tokenizer somehow to write it. I'm getting there. Very Happy
Sounds like a lot of fun; I look forward to progress. You're working on this and the Oktober RPG simultaneously?
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds like a lot of fun; I look forward to progress. You're working on this and the Oktober RPG simultaneously?

Mhmm. Although I'm giving more precedent to Oktober because i feel that i can deliver through faster than this current one. Which I'll be using Source Coder to code the game!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours