Many Cemetech members have begun to show an interest in programming and hacking the Prizm, a new powerful color-screen calculator from Casio. Many of us are die-hard TI graphing calculator fans, but as voiced in a recent Cemetech news article, TI has let us down by crippling the programming features of its new calculators and worrying about their bottom line over their users. To that end, we will be exploring the less-expensive Casio Prizm, and trying to create great programs for it. We are starting from scratch, so we need to build an API, a shell or two, and tons of math, science, and other educational programs, and of course a game or two. This new subforum will serve as a hub for hardware and software discussions, documentation, and more. Enjoy, feel free to participate, and remember to support technology companies that make responsible social decisions about their products and the groups that have given them boundless free support and advertising over the years.
Woo, a subforum Very Happy I may have to get one of these devices if they are really cheap ($30). Else, I probably won't get one because I am saving up for other stuff :/
_player1537 wrote:
Woo, a subforum Very Happy I may have to get one of these devices if they are really cheap ($30). Else, I probably won't get one because I am saving up for other stuff :/
Well, I got mine for $120 + tax, which is of course still cheaper than any Nspire calculator. I was chatting with the salesperson at the store, and he said the TI-84+SE and the Nspire are both selling well. Strangely enough, he said that Brazilian tourists buy HP calculators a lot to bring back home.
Yay, a new subforum! I really want a Prizm, so I can contribute mor e here. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
Yay, a new subforum! I really want a Prizm, so I can contribute mor e here. Smile
Let me try to find out what Casio executive would be good to contact. I also found a TI executive that might turn a friendly ear to our plight.
_player1537 wrote:

s/30/56+5 shipping/

I now own a Prizm. It will arrive in 5-6 business days.
Many congratulations! I hope you'll be joining our hacking and coding and testing efforts. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours