Can I encrypt a program?
Yes, with Krolypto.
Is it a software program or a method? where can I learn about it?
a program, use google to search it up and download it. Remember to read the readme as I have no idea how to use it
qazz42 wrote:
a program, use google to search it up and download it. Remember to read the readme as I have no idea how to use it

I will qazz42. Thank you.
you are welcome, that what we are here for Very Happy
You can also encrypt data in a variety of other ways if you write your own program to do it. Did you want to encrypt or compress data (sometimes people confuse the two terms)?
KermMartian wrote:
You can also encrypt data in a variety of other ways if you write your own program to do it. Did you want to encrypt or compress data (sometimes people confuse the two terms)?
Just to make sure:

Encrytion is making your program impossible for people to understand.
Compression is making your program smaller in size, right.
rohi89 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Just to make sure:

Very much so. Though on a different note on the same subject, how would anything be encrypted in TI-BASIC?
souvik1997 wrote:
Yes, with Krolypto.
rohi89 wrote:
Not quite, but close. The goal is to transform data into a unreadable format, except for people who have the ability to transform it back. Impossible is an awfully strong term.
Why would you ever want to make a TI-BASIC program impossible to understand? That's so against the entire ethos of the community it's not even funny.
Sonlen wrote:
rohi89 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Just to make sure:

Very much so. Though on a different note on the same subject, how would anything be encrypted in TI-BASIC?

With Celtic 3, you can read and write to programs and therefore also encrypt programs, but TI-Basic's speed would not allow good encryption.
souvik1997 wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
rohi89 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Just to make sure:

With Celtic 3, you can read and write to programs and therefore also encrypt programs, but TI-Basic's speed would not allow good encryption.
This. There are some relatively fast encryption algorithms, but the more secure, the slower to encrypt and decrypt data, and anything with more than laughable security written in TI-BASIC would be face-meltingly slow.
I tried Krolypto but I can't run the program after encrypting it. Is there any software to compress the program or do I have to optimize it myself?
You can't run the program because it is encrypted. I think you were referring to compression, which is non-existent on the calculator unless you optimize it (which is not really compression, but meh). There are some computer tools to optimize your TI Basic programs, the best one being SourceCoder: http://sc.cemetech.net
Ion had a compression thing that allowed you to compress them and then on-calc decompress and run them. Compression on a calculator isn't really that big of a thing, most of the time you will be able to fit whatever you want on there.
I also think some 68k calculator shells had compression too, but unless you have an enormous amount of programs compression won't be of much use.
souvik1997 wrote:
There are some computer tools to optimize your TI Basic programs, the best one being SourceCoder: http://sc.cemetech.net

I've had Sourcecoder give me negative optimizations Razz
Qwerty.55 wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
There are some computer tools to optimize your TI Basic programs, the best one being SourceCoder: http://sc.cemetech.net

I've had Sourcecoder give me negative optimizations Razz

Ya, I got this once before, but I still haven't tried sourcecoder only program yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours