I got bored... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11832443/SketchUp/RandomBooth.skp
_player1537 wrote:
Can you take some screenshots and move this to the graphics subforum? It's a little challenging to see what this is with neither a note in your post nor SketchUp on my computer. Wink
I still have no idea what it is, but it looks cool.

I had to update SketchUp to view it, added fog to give a sense of depth.
It started as a thing that could be used in a random small UT map so that you could vote for maps and then look through the center to see what others voted for and it'd have TVs that would display a screenshot of the map above the center columns. Then I realized that I didn't like that idea as much, so I just turned it into a really geometrical structure, and after a while, this happened Razz

Edit: Comic's picture does a good job of showing it off, better than I could zoom in on some of the parts.
_player, that actually does look pretty awesome, and comic, thanks for obliging with a screenshot. Smile I think this could be turned into a very fun UT map!
_player1537 wrote:
It started as a thing that could be used in a random small UT map so that you could vote for maps and then look through the center to see what others voted for and it'd have TVs that would display a screenshot of the map above the center columns. Then I realized that I didn't like that idea as much, so I just turned it into a really geometrical structure, and after a while, this happened Razz
I'm not positive how this would work. We'd go into this map after a match to vote and view votes visually? Sounds interesting, is it possible to pursue at all (in regards to Unreal Editor)?

Quote:
Edit: Comic's picture does a good job of showing it off, better than I could zoom in on some of the parts.
I played around with it, zoomed in and saw the centre is actually raised up. It's rather detailed in regards to the simplicity.
While that sounds like an amazing way to vote, I don't think it would be possible to implement without engine changes (or at least making a mutator). Specifically, we'd have to at least load and enter this map before voting, and I'm not sure how we could make it display the map screenshots. It would be a lot of work if it is even possible, although it sounds like a lot of fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours