Terminal v0.1b
I've just put the finishing touches on the beta of this. I've gotten the shell support working - you can now create your own programs that use the Terminal routines, and have them execute within the shell. You can perform I/O from the command line to provide a similar user experience to those using Windows or Linux within your own programs. I've also added a few other methods - Index Programs, Compare Strings, Starts With, and a few more. You can read all about it in the readme (which you should definately read if you are going to develop for Terminal). I've also included a demo program that you can run from within Terminal that uses the command line capabilities of Terminal.

This is also the first shell that supports both assembly and Axe, meaning that not only can assembly programmers access the routines, it also has support for developers to use it with Axe without any additional code modifications. I will eventually create an include file for assembly programmers, but all the details that are needed to use asm with Terminal are provided in the readme. As for Axe, prgmTERMINC provides all the functionality you need to use Terminal, and easily.

I've included a demo program for Axe developers. I welcome any and all feedback, feature requests, or questions. Enjoy, and let's see some cool programs!

(Download)

EDIT: Eeems and I worked to confirm assembly support, and he has made an include file for asm developers: http://eeems.pastebin.com/htk4WmS8
This seems very nice! How did you add the shell routines into your shell with Axe?
Carefully Wink
I have a jump table at the beginning of the application that leads to each routine. It allows Axe/Asm programs to output text and input text seamlessly from the terminal interface.
Since I see the ls command returning "List of root", do you have folder support?
No, I just say "root" because I may later add support for groups. I'm sorta-kinda thinking about showing folders in DCS.
Well, DCS folder listing shouldn't be too hard, since the programs have the T2 byte set in their VAT entry to show which folder they are in, and folders are programs with names %FLDnn, where nn is a byte that the programs within it have their T2 byte set to.
Right. I know how they work, but I'm not sure how easily I could handle the display with limited screen space. If users get really deep into the directory structure, they'll only have a few characters to type with, until I fix the EoL bug.
What other features do you plan on adding?
Quite a few, including most UNIX commands. Feel free to request any features you'd like to see as well.
How about a basic GUI, like the one used in the UNIX command line when setting up software? If you don't know what that looks like, I could post a picture in this thread.
So this is why you were asking me for the entire RunProg subsystem of Doors CS.
You could also add program description support.
KermMartian, yes. I'll just use Ion's at some point. It will remove the need to use RestorePage and have a macro for exiting.
souvik1997, if you could post an image I can try for something like it. Description support could probably work. I'll have an INFO command that returns (un)archived, (un)locked, size, etc, I could add that as well.
Or you could, you know, write your own instead of taking someone else's code. Razz

I think this is an interesting idea, but I have a few reservations. First of all, if people complain so much about clicking a mouse in Doors CS, I can only imagine how much they'll complain about having to type in commands. Secondly, I'm concerned at you starting yet another project before having finished any of your existing projects.
KermMartian, it's a very complex operation from assembly, let alone Axe. I'm more than happy to use someone else's, if they are willing.
As for projects, I don't have a ton. I start ideas to see if they are practical/fun/something I want to work on, and if they are, I continue them, and otherwise, I drop them and release my code/notes. Right now, it's basically KnightOS, tiDE, and this. Assembly, Axe, and C#. I'm well balanced.
SirCmpwn:

Would something like this be possible?
You have to include the blue and yellow though >.>
You could put the LCD into test mode. Just Joking
Or it could be in grayscale.
I could have an automated installer, but seeing as a calculator is a single-directory, single-partition device, I don't really see the usefulness of showing this dialog just to have one option.
It could be used for other things too, not just partitioning. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours