Eeems wrote:
Hmm, well I had just slowed it down :p I guess that's a matter of preference.
Maybe you can make it an option?
Hmm, possibly.
The problem with word wrap is that there's no easy way to do it, or rather no way to do it both memory- and CPU-efficiently, but it would look nicer with it. I suppose adding extra spaces would work for static strings such as these, but I don't know if it would be worth it (plus it might make some of sentences longer than three lines).
Well we will see how Iambian ends up doing it Smile
I would prefer word wrap, even with the longer then 3 lines thing.
Eeems wrote:
Well we will see how Iambian ends up doing it Smile
I would prefer word wrap, even with the longer then 3 lines thing.
Wouldn't that mean you would have to add the ability for your textbox to scroll? Or does it already do that, and I just didn't watch carefully enough?
Lol, yes it does. Whenever it stops and the black dot appears it waits for you to press a key, then the next part is drawn into the textbox. It's all done with one string and the routine handles it all. So not real scrolling, but it can handle multiple lines.
Eeems wrote:
0x5, yes it does. Whenever it stops and the black dot appears it waits for you to press a key, then the next part is drawn into the textbox. It's all done with one string and the routine handles it all. So not real scrolling, but it can handle multiple lines.
Right, but that's erasing, not scrolling. Smile I guess that's good enough, though.
Just to let you all know, The Black Mage is a ninja as well Razz

Also, I've been making progress on the magic menu

It's actually working better atm, but I haven't made a screenshot of that I believe.
Very nice. keep up the great work
Thanks Smile
Hopefully I'll be able to flush out the ladder bug quite quickly, as I am pretty sure I know what causes it.
Great job on all counts, Eeems, and that's an amusing little bug. Smile Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!
*bump*

Are you still working on this? Last time I saw it, it looked great!
Erm...yes and no. I haven't really gotten back to coding this again. The project is not dead though. just lower on my priority list.
Eeems wrote:
Erm...yes and no. I haven't really gotten back to coding this again. The project is not dead though. just lower on my priority list.
Glad to hear that. Smile If it's low on your priority list, what's high on the list? Whatever it/they is/are should definitely have a topic.
Actually it's got its own website Wink
http://eeems.omnimaga.org

Work is also high on my list since it has to be, so I'm not sure when I'll get back to this.
Eeems wrote:
Actually it's got its own website Wink
http://eeems.omnimaga.org

Work is also high on my list since it has to be, so I'm not sure when I'll get back to this.
Then it also needs a topic for us to offer feedback! You should talk to Swivelgames; he's our local CMS expert.
*bump one year late*
I somehow missed this when it got posted and just found it trying to find information on making a scripting language. This looks really really cool and reminds me in a lot of ways of Legend of Legaia (including the storyline with the "9 mages" the "darkness" etc.), which is awesome. And on top of that, it's in asm! Are you still working on this? I wrote a word wrapper for my text routine, it's not that difficult you just need to know the width of each character and loop until you get to a space or special character. I think there may even be a bcall or something to tell you that, and since when text is being drawn you almost always have a lot of processing power to do whatever, you don't need to worry so much about speed. Another option of course is to manually place a newline (instead of a space). It'll take up the same amount of space but won't be nearly as convenient. You already seem really far along, i'd love to play it even as it is!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours