I managed to get 22 of the lists created this morning, took roughly 30 minutes to complete. The reason for this is I have 10 pages covering 165 attacks in 76 groupings. They are grouped based on possible status effects they can inflict, not on elements or the like.
I'm up to 80 of these compiled and written to paper.
Alright, some news.

I got all the lists dropped into a program, all the data verified and the program converted into an application.

I realized upon testing that I had put the L_EPRTY(7 in backwards, so I have that changed in my notes as well. It is now in a sprite.name format.

The stats for health isn't generated, not sure why yet. I might not have included that in the equations. Something for me to go through digging. At this point, it is causing issues with debugging since it throws up a divide by 0 error when it tries to display the hp bar.
So, I managed to locate some decent information on the generation of stats themselves, and now I have to figure out how to add it to my equations program. Sadly, looking at it.. I think I broke it.

What I need to do at this point is refigure out what all is actually on there and rewrite the code to make sense. Because at this point I think a part of it might be getting skipped. :/
That's great to hear that you located the proper equations, sorry to hear that it's potentially broken. Sad
haha, yeah, I'm good at breaking things. Hopefully I will be equally good at fixing it.
I've decided to go the easier route instead of worrying about repeat code in the equations program, I'm just going to group the code via 1. new pokemon and 2. levelup. This way I can just get stuff done with it and call it a day so I can move on with the game.
Great to hear, keep it up! I look forward to any testing or proofreading I can offer.
I'll keep that in mind, working on remembering what all does what so I can make sure I don't miss things, which is somewhat important :p

Also found an instance where I store to a variable, and increment it in a For( loop, but for the life of me I can't remember why. I see no place in the immediate code that I use it, and as I scroll through the code I see I store to C again and do the same thing (didn't look what it is used for though).
Bummer; this is why TI-BASIC should have been designed with a better way to add comments to code. Sad
How far are we from a screenshot? Very Happy
A little ways from it. Trying to get the remainder of these equations figured out so it can display said pokemon properly to the battle gui screen. I keep running into things that don't quite make sense, so I am doing more research into the matter.
tifreak8x wrote:
A little ways from it. Trying to get the remainder of these equations figured out so it can display said pokemon properly to the battle gui screen. I keep running into things that don't quite make sense, so I am doing more research into the matter.
Great, keep it up. Smile As always, let us know if there's anything we can do to help; I know at least Sonlen and myself are willing to assist. And I'll try not to distract you with too many AoE matches.
I've sadly made little head way with the list creation over the past couple of weeks. I've been quite busy with work, life and just generally stressed out over problems that go beyond my control. I have, however, made SOME progress with it, so there is that. Just trying to make this as efficient as possible while not really caring about super optimizing, if that makes any sense lol
That makes sense to me, and I'm glad to hear that you're at least making some forward headway even with the pressures of your real life interfering. I'll try to not distract you too much with calls for the playing of AoE. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
That makes sense to me, and I'm glad to hear that you're at least making some forward headway even with the pressures of your real life interfering. I'll try to not distract you too much with calls for the playing of AoE. Smile

Haha, no problem on that, got to have fun distractions every now and then :p
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Great, keep it up. Smile As always, let us know if there's anything we can do to help; I know at least Sonlen and myself are willing to assist. And I'll try not to distract you with too many AoE matches.

After not posting here for a good while, I guess I ought to (plus I have a good idea), unless I remember wrong, all the sprites are in hex format, and I know you have a program that does that, but I believe a third party library has support for hex to image in a faster routine, so if you ever want, I can optimize it for DCS with the third party libraries, even if it is just for the sprites. Wink
The pokemon sprites themselves already have an asm program specifically for displaying, since they took too long to draw out in BASIC. The other sprites don't do too bad for BASIC so for the moment, I am content to leave them be.
tifreak8x wrote:
The pokemon sprites themselves already have an asm program specifically for displaying, since they took too long to draw out in BASIC. The other sprites don't do too bad for BASIC so for the moment, I am content to leave them be.

Sounds good to me, I just remember the image on tifreakware and the time it took for displaying Professor Oak (not really slow either), but I didn't know how long the rest would take.
For some reason, it just shows up slow in the gif, It is like 5 times that speed on the actual calc.

Page 3 of 17
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours