I am trying to use the command line ftp client for Windows, but I am running into problems. When I try to send all the .pngs from my current directory to the server, it only sends one file, and when I try to send it using mput, it messes up other commands. For instance, with mput, it tries to do: candle.png? close. Close is the next command on the list after mput. Here is my batchscript to start it, followed by ftp.txt.
Code:
call ftp -s:ftp.txt
pause

Code:
open minikono.bluelogicteam.com
<Username>
<Password>
cd tablet
cd pictures
type binary
put *.png
close
quit
(I blocked out my username and password btw)
What did you edit the file with? Make sure you're using \r\n line endings.
I used Notepad++ to edit it, and it's using DOS/Windows (ANSI). It works for sending one file (the one with the earliest letter).
You need to use mput to upload multiple files in one go. Use the -i switch to disable the interactive prompts (otherwise you have to hit Y to confirm each file upload). Also, I'm not sure why you use call - that's for calling other batch/command files, not for running executables.

something.cmd

Code:
ftp -i -s:ftp.txt
pause

ftp.txt

Code:
open minikono.bluelogicteam.com
<username>
<password>
cd tablet
cd pictures
type binary
mput *.png
close
quit
I got the impression that he tried mput but that it failed, based on his first post. Smile
Thanks Benryves, you rock Very Happy I was under the impression that you had to call any executable, guess I was wrong.
_player1537 wrote:
Thanks Benryves, you rock Very Happy I was under the impression that you had to call any executable, guess I was wrong.
No, not at all. Take a look at the compile.bat in the DCS SDK, for example.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours