" />
Exactly. There's even a chance I'll keep Saturn as a subtitle when I finish. Smile
rivereye wrote:
like longhorn with vista

bah, MS should have kept longhorn, its soooo much better sounding

hurry up with Saturn and quit playing CC2!!!
Sad If you insist.
KermMartian wrote:
Sad If you insist.

i do! Laughing (i'm tired of using mirage - i need something new! and DCS5 as non-app is just too much of a hassle)
OK, ok, I'll really try to get at least something done on this tomorrow.
I hope it goes well.
Look, look!
/me prints out source code

See, I'm working on it! Smile
speaking of which...why don't you make DCS open source? DCS4.0 was open source, why aren't the newer ones?

Its not like its hard to get semi-source, just disassemble the program (you lose names and comments tho)

You could be the linux of the calc world! (think about it, mirage ain't open source, maybe an opensource shell is the cure?)
Eh, I don't want n00bs to like modify a single sprite and rerelease it as "T3H 1337 SHEEL WITH KEWL ICONZ GUYZZ!!112"
Very Happy
Aye, that is quite annoying.
OK, so I looked over my code, and I think I see what I need to do. Coding...
Oh, also, I think I found the Neptune main item, which is that archive crash bug.
KermMartian wrote:
Eh, I don't want n00bs to like modify a single sprite and rerelease it as "T3H 1337 SHEEL WITH KEWL ICONZ GUYZZ!!112"
Very Happy

which probably won't happen, but if it does, you just get the proggy pulled from ticalc (or wherever)

However, releasing the source can A) help people learn cool routines, B) allow DCS-specific ASM proggies to do cooler things to the OS itself (mods and such would be easier to write me-thinks), C) others can use parts of your code (giving credit of course) to constantly evolve, creating better, faster, more functional proggies, and D) people can help bugfix/optimize your code, helping DCS in the long run

the benifits greatly outweigh the risks (release under the GNU GPL, so you can have a legally stronger liscence, to prevent the situation you described)

Cmon Kerm! Help the community! (You'll get more downloads if the source is included Wink )

Oh, and you program in TI-Basic, which is forced-opensource, and you aren't getting wildly ripped off (which would be easier in basic than ASM), so why would this be any different?
Kerm has gotten ripped off in the past. Remember the person who uploaded the brix builder like thing Exclamation I agree though, open source would be great Smile
yeah, but you can edit a basic program on calc (even if its "locked")

ASM proggies are a tad more difficult Wink
Actually, I have gotten some pretty brutal ripoffs in BASIC.
Open Source: The one thing I agree with you about there is the debugging, but since I plan to have a DCS6 team, that nullifies it. Smile
OPEN SOURCE! OPEN SOURCE! (besides, n00bs don't know Z80-ASM Laughing )
Oh, you'd be surprised how easy it is to open the source, change "Kerm Martian" to "Sweet Awsum" and recompile. Very Happy
lol, ticalc.org has a ti-z80 disassembler on its site. And since z80 is basically machine code, its back to near-source Wink (you only lose comments and names, which are very helpful, lol)
The decompiler can't tell the difference between data and comands so it would interpret sprites as comands. That would make for some funny opcodes and a more difficult disassembling process!
Still, just search for the hex equivalent to Kerm Martian...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours