I've been trying to create good-quality sprites, but I'm not content with my work. As such, I would like to request some assistance creating the following 8x8 sprites for a house (would like a "30-45 degree off the vertical axis" view for walls/doors/fences):

- Walls (top, left, right, bottom, and matching corners; also need one wall for "middle-of-room" walls)
- Doors (just top and bottom)
- Stairs (2 differet kinds, one going up, one going down, hopefully they're just opposites)
- Fences (same number/positions as walls)
- Generic workstations/kitchen appliances/a bed/etc.

I will post what I have tomorrow (when I get access to Wabbit), but am looking forward to others' ideas. Thanks for the assistance![/u]
When you say off-axis, is this the kind of general theme of which you're thinking? This is nothing finished, just trying to understand you.

Not really, though that looks great!

I meant from a bird's-eye view, so you could see both the top of the wall and the actual "face" of the wall. However, I'm not so certain I necessarily want something like that. Razz. So feel free to take any liberties in making them, so long as I can use them in complete blocks of 8x8 ('cause I'm not going to mess with partial spots). Thanks!
Beta7 wrote:
Not really, though that looks great!

I meant from a bird's-eye view, so you could see both the top of the wall and the actual "face" of the wall. However, I'm not so certain I necessarily want something like that. Razz. So feel free to take any liberties in making them, so long as I can use them in complete blocks of 8x8 ('cause I'm not going to mess with partial spots). Thanks!
Ah, a bird's-eye view would be a lot easier than what I was working on there. I'll try to get you some concept art today.
KermMartian wrote:
When you say off-axis, is this the kind of general theme of which you're thinking? This is nothing finished, just trying to understand you.

That makes me think of the GBA Megaman Battle Network series. Surprised Very nicely done too.
Oh, thanks. Smile I need to practice some isometric pseudo-3d sprites for a game I'm thinking of resurrecting soon, actually.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours