Went and saw this last night, and I must say, I am impressed. They held true to the game, for the most part, and they also went into first person view like the game was played, which I think was a first. The characters were portrayed very well, though the Rock does not portray a bad guy very well... Laughing

If you like blood, gore, and a BFG, then this movie is something you need to see! Very Happy
Shall be interesting, I'm a fan of Doom95 more than its sequels. Smile
I <3 Doom95...such a good game. The movie got a half a star in the reviews I read - did they just fail to appreciate the nerdy aspects, or is it crappily done?
Probably the latter.
So I got the video game for XBox (on a whim, no less), and HOLY CRAP THAT GAME IS SCARY. Seriously, I am actually scared of playing a video game. I hope I can overcome my fear so that my purchase doesn't become a waste of money...
I played a bit of it at a computer store and I just had to stop, I agree with Jon. Sad
It's an amazing game from a technical standpoint - the light effects are absolutely stunning (or horrifying in this situation), but I think they did their job a little too well when it came to scaring you. It's difficult to enjoy killing zombies and their brethren when it's so frightening knowing they'll jump out at you from a dark corner screaming and clawing you with their amazingly realistic bloody hands.

BTW Kerm, I play in my basement alone with all the lights out. Try that for scary.
I dont have a video game system except my calc Smile I saw aposter for it when I went to see the new Zorro movie (which was good), and thought it looked insanely disturbing
elfprince13 wrote:
I dont have a video game system except my calc Smile I saw aposter for it when I went to see the new Zorro movie (which was good), and thought it looked insanely disturbing

Nor I, a situation I am quite happy with. Smile
Bah, the movie wasn't scary at all... Rolling Eyes

The resident evil games are more a pian than scary, but I haven't played the doom game... Want to tho...
Jonathan Pezzino wrote:
It's an amazing game from a technical standpoint - the light effects are absolutely stunning (or horrifying in this situation), but I think they did their job a little too well when it came to scaring you. It's difficult to enjoy killing zombies and their brethren when it's so frightening knowing they'll jump out at you from a dark corner screaming and clawing you with their amazingly realistic bloody hands.

BTW Kerm, I play in my basement alone with all the lights out. Try that for scary.

LOL, if you think the xbox version looks good, play it on a decent-good computer! its at least four times as good looking! (and you can up the brightness ALOT without washing out everthing, making it alot more fun - plus, theres the duct-tape mod for the PC version Cool )

Quote:
Probably the latter.

I think you mean former. Movie review critics only ever like drama's and kiddy movies. SOB's are frickin puss, and judge things like "plot" and "character developement" - screw that, its an action movie! The whole point is to see s*** go boom!!!!! (that, and i've heard numerous good reviews from friends)
I am intrigued by your critique of movie critics. Cool

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours