uPong: This pong game is not just another pong game, it's an Axe game with lots of features such as an easy and hard mode, highscores for each, game over screen, an attractive title screen and a fast game in the overall. To make this game, I edited Kevin Horowitz's game which was included in Axe: Pong. The physics of the game are similar, but the addition of two playing modes forced me to change some of the physics. The game is fast at the moment, I may release an optimized version later but I don't think such version is needed at the moment. To play this game all you need is a shell (I recommend DoorsCS), or you can use the Asm( token to play it. The game is very easy and simple to play, since you only need to use two keys and the gameplay is just like other Pong games. For now, the source code is not available, but it can be in the future.

Screenshots:

I would like to thank shmibs, _player1537 and both Cemetech and Omnimaga community, but mainly the first two for helping me with this game. Thanks shmibs for explaining me Appvariables and _player1537 for explaining me how to compare two strings. Another person I need to thank is souvik1997.

The game can be downloaded here:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/upong.zip
Looks very nice, ScoutDavid! But aren't there supposed to be bricks or something? Is that a feature for a future release, or am I thinking of a different game? I cleaned up your program's description for the archives (like ticalc.org, you can't have markup in your description) and edited your post to have the screenshots in a row and a Cemetech download link.
KermMartian wrote:
Looks very nice, ScoutDavid! But aren't there supposed to be bricks or something? Is that a feature for a future release, or am I thinking of a different game?
Breakout?
Inded the game with bricks that are destroyed on top. In my class a friend of mine who was given the privilege to play it on friday Razz recommended that. In fact, I even tried but it is hard to make.
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Looks very nice, ScoutDavid! But aren't there supposed to be bricks or something? Is that a feature for a future release, or am I thinking of a different game?
Breakout?
Right, I was talking about Breakout, but I'm not familiar with a version of Breakout that omits the bricks. Smile I know Pong, the two-player ping-pong, but this seems to be a new concept to me.
KermMartian wrote:
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Breakout?
Right, I was talking about Breakout, but I'm not familiar with a version of Breakout that omits the bricks. Smile I know Pong, the two-player ping-pong, but this seems to be a new concept to me.

Yes! I created a new game! xD

I hope this game is more successful than Racer 3D: Replay.
Was Race 3D not successful in some way...? Also, I notice that your programs all seem to be modifications on other people's programs thus far; have you tried making your own original programs yet?
Breakout would be a great way to step up from this Very Happy (Even if the first release only has one level [so long as it is easy to make the level with normal data Razz]) I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet, but it looks nice. And thanks for thanking me in the credits Razz If you need more help, I don't mind at all Smile
_player1537 wrote:
Breakout would be a great way to step up from this Very Happy (Even if the first release only has one level [so long as it is easy to make the level with normal data Razz]) I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet, but it looks nice. And thanks for thanking me in the credits Razz If you need more help, I don't mind at all Smile

You saved my program Smile I mean, you saved the Easy/Hard feature.

Shmibs saved the HighScore feaure Very Happy
Do you have any interest in trying to expand this into a simple Breakout-genre game, or is that not something that you're considering?
KermMartian wrote:
Do you have any interest in trying to expand this into a simple Breakout-genre game, or is that not something that you're considering?

I do not. As you said, i need to start my very own project :S
ScoutDavid wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I do not. As you said, i need to start my very own project :S
Indeed, but no offense was intended about that; I hope that that was clear. What projects do you have in mind?
I am working in 'Axe Guitar Hero' with happybojr and also trying to make a platformer Smile
oooh sounds pretty cool. And might I add, that the easy level is really too easy. Maybe increase the speed a little bit?
0rac343 wrote:
oooh sounds pretty cool. And might I add, that the easy level is really too easy. Maybe increase the speed a little bit?

I agree, but that's why it is easy.

So, I have two options:

Make 3 types of level (Easy, Medium, Hard) but I don't wanna do it.
Make it faster, very easy Smile
ScoutDavid wrote:
I am working in 'Axe Guitar Hero' with happybojr and also trying to make a platformer Smile
What does that former entail? Is it a simple button masher, or are you also trying to add music to it? Also tell me about your plans for the latter.
KermMartian wrote:
ScoutDavid wrote:
What does that former entail? Is it a simple button masher, or are you also trying to add music to it? Also tell me about your plans for the latter.
Omnimaga topic

It seems to have some kind of sound right now, but not "real" songs.
Since it's Axe it has music, main developper is happybojr Smile
JosJuice, thanks for that. Hmm, I wonder how horrible an MT3-based ...Hero / ...Band game would turn out. I'd expect significantly subpar sound quality.
rockband via calcnet and mt3? Razz

anyways, i'm glad i could do something useful on this site for once, scout. if you need help with anything at a later date, feel free to ask!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours