This is a great program. Love it. Very Happy
0rac343 wrote:
This is a great program. Love it. Very Happy

Thanks! As soon as Kerm validates my new upload, y'all will have a newer (and hopefully better) version of Itotooshi to play with Very Happy

Edit: Link to download: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/Itotooshi-0.2.zip
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds like lots of fun! I'm not sure how your increasing difficulty works, but it occurred to me while reading your post that one thing you could do is make the hoops appear closer and closer together as you progress.

That is exactly how it works.
Haha, then great minds think alike, or something like that. Smile Can you explain what you meant about inversion? Is it constant, switching, or user-set?
It is constant.
souvik1997 wrote:
It is constant.
Thanks for the information; now I know. Also, I accepted your update.

Edit: Comments:
:: I love the variable speed feature, kudos
:: [clear] from the main menu no longer works
:: The highscore seems preset on 21, which is frustrating
:: Is it intentional that when you die the inversion disappears?
:: The text on the main menu seems a bit jumbled and disorganized, although I'm glad everything I'd want to know is there now.

Kudos!
It's preset on 21 because I forgot to reset the high score before uploading the program. Pressing DEL at the main menu should fix the problem.

It is intentional to turn off the inversion when you lose, else the text would create a white space on the background.
souvik1997 wrote:
It's preset on 21 because I forgot to reset the high score before uploading the program. Pressing DEL at the main menu should fix the problem.

It is intentional to turn off the inversion when you lose, else the text would create a white space on the background.

I agree with Kerm on the main screen especially; as for the inversion, real(13,1) inverts text while real(13,0) returns it to normal. :p
Sonlen wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

I agree with Kerm on the main screen especially; as for the inversion, real(13,1) inverts text while real(13,0) returns it to normal. :p

This is an ASM/AXE program, so no xLib. Razz
How do you guys want the main menu to look like?
souvik1997 wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

This is an ASM/AXE program, so no xLib. Razz
How do you guys want the main menu to look like?

So the DCS Version in the download is not going to be kept then?

And maybe have a button assigned to show the controls, like a help button of sorts.
It is a DCS ASM program.

For the icon feature, I just checked Omnimaga and SirCmpwn's program only makes MirageOS icons. However, I think I could tweak it to make 16x16 DCS icons. I just need to know the DCS header ( in hex, preferably) and where the DCS icon fits into the header.
souvik1997 wrote:
It is a DCS ASM program.

For the icon feature, I just checked Omnimaga and SirCmpwn's program only makes MirageOS icons. However, I think I could tweak it to make 16x16 DCS icons. I just need to know the DCS header ( in hex, preferably) and where the DCS icon fits into the header.

I don't know the exact location, but I believe that is in the SDK somewhere.

ASM Header:
DCS ASM Header

I doubt the next one you want at all, but either way:
DCS BASIC Header
Ok, I will check that. I'll compile it with Mimas and figure out the location of the icon in the header.
Which features do you want? Icon and description? Or just icon? I'll give you the hex for either one.
Icon and description, please.
souvik1997 wrote:
Icon and description, please.

Here you go:

Code:
BB 6D ;standard ASM header at $9D93
AA C9 ;this is a DCS ASM program at $9D95
18 XX ;we'll talk about XX later, this is jr,Start at $9D97
A1 9D ;icon is at $9DA1, this is at $9D99
07 00 ;Doors CS 7 program, this is at $9D9B
C1 9D ;description is at Icon+32; this is at $9D9D
00 00 ;no ALEs; this is at $9D9F
[32 bytes of 16x16 icon] ;this is at $9DA1
[Description, including zero term] ;this is at $9DC1
;program starts here, at $9DC1+(length of description incl zterm)

So basically, you need:

BB6DAAC918XXA19D0700C19D0000[icon][description]

For the XX, you need to add the length of the description including its zero term to $9DC1, then subtract $9D97 from that. This should yield a hex number smaller than $80 (smaller than decimal 128). Use this hex value as XX.
Thank you!
souvik1997 wrote:
Thank you!
My pleasure. As you correctly pointed out on SAX, I omitted an 00 in my summary; fixed. I hope this works for you. If it does, I'll crosspost it on both forums for how to put DCS headers on AXE programs.
What would the XX value be if the description was "Itotooshi"? I keep getting $33, but the icon shows up as random stuff and the description looks like an upside down "._." repeated seven times.

:O
souvik1997 wrote:
What would the XX value be if the description was "Itotooshi"? I keep getting $33, but the icon shows up as random stuff and the description looks like an upside down "._." repeated seven times.

:O
Well, that's 9 letters, and you need the zero terminator at the end, so 10 letters. $9DC1+10 = $9DCB. $9DCB-$9D97=$34, so you probably forgot the zero terminator. However, at least the beginning of the description should be correct, so I suspect I made another mistake somewhere.
It still doesn't work.

Here is the icon:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFF57ED7FED7CDEFB3EF7FEFFFEFFFEFFFEFFFEFFFFFFFFF

The description
"ITOTOOSHI" which I think becomes 49544F544F4F534849

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours