This is a fan project dedicated to the classic Gradius / Nemesis games by Konami. The gameplay is mostly modeled around the Nemesis series developed for the MSX platform.

It's your basic "shoot 'em up" set in space. The player assumes the role of one of two Vixen models - each fitted with its own set of power-ups. Vixen must traverse six side-scrolling stages and defeat the generals behind each enemy fleet.

Synopsis wrote:
"Dr. Venom, leader of the evil Bacterion Empire, has opened a rift in space-time, and sent the planet-core Zelos Force to the year 6640. Destination: The Nemesis system. Using Zelos Force to conquer the Nemesis system, Dr. Venom hopes to expand the Bacterion Empire and prevent its own future destruction at the hands of the Gradius Union. Unprepared for a conflict against Bacterion, the Gradius Union unveils an early model Vixen fighter ship - its only hope of fending off Bacterion's forces and preventing disruption to the future's timeline."
Jesus, this looks good. o.o
What programming language is that?

Those screenshots look a BLAST!
Whoa, those screenshots looks amazing! Are they actual or conceptual? That reminds me of RType3. Smile
It's just conceptual mock-ups at the moment.
Zera wrote:
It's just conceptual mock-ups at the moment.
Even so, those are still amazing mock-ups!
These are based on the actual level designs, which I've already completed. I think about 99% of the graphical and level assets are done.
Zera wrote:
These are based on the actual level designs, which I've already completed. I think about 99% of the graphical and level assets are done.
Whoa, that's great to hear, then! Good luck on coding up the game engine, then.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours