How do you record your calculator while it is running a program. I am about to post up my latest project, but I wanted to add a demo of the program as well.
kpa4941 wrote:
How do you record your calculator while it is running a program. I am about to post up my latest project, but I wanted to add a demo of the program as well.
You will need to use WabbitEmu, and press [backspace] to record a screenshot. Unfortunately, the available version is extremely buggy; I'd be happy to send you an old version of Wabbit, if you want. You'll have to dump the ROM image from your calculator, though.
Sure, I will accept the old stable version of Wabbit. But what do you mean by dump my calculator ROM image? Do I have to erase the operating system or something?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. You mean I have to provide a ROM image for the software.
kpa4941 wrote:
Sure, I will accept the old stable version of Wabbit. But what do you mean by dump my calculator ROM image? Do I have to erase the operating system or something?
No, dump means copy it to your computer. An emulator is just the "hardware" of the calculator: the keyboard, the CPU, the LCD, the memory. You still need the "software" of the calculator, namely its operating system. It is illegal to distribute ROMs, so you need to copy the image off of your own calculator.
Ok, well I am using the most recent version of the program. It told me to send a program to my calculator and to execute it, but when I do I get a syntax error. Is this one of the symptoms of the newer buggy version? If so, could I have an older version download?
Hmm, Wabbit should be able to accept and run programs correctly. I know its Export feature is broken in the current version, but that's about it. Are you sure the program isn't corrupted? Could you post the source for it (with SourceCoder (assuming it's a BASIC program)?
I think that I fixed the problem. I used the asm( before I executed the program because it is an assembly program I believe, now I need at least 16kb of ram...Ok, I have the two files now.
kpa4941 wrote:
I think that I fixed the problem. I used the asm( before I executed the program because it is an assembly program I believe, now I need at least 16kb of ram...Ok, I have the two files now.
Just drop Doors CS onto Wabbit along with your program, then you won't need to ever use Asm() again. Smile
That's a good idea. I will do that.

Ok well now everything is installed and working so far. I have transfered my calculator's ROM files over to my computer and the Wabbit program opens up with a blank calculator screen. How do I connect it to my calculator or run programs now? Sorry for being completely clueless Smile
You can drag and drop stuff into the screen to load programs/apps. As for connecting to a real calc, I'm not sure it supports that. You'll have to get it off with TiLP/TI-Connect.
Deep Thought wrote:
You can drag and drop stuff into the screen to load programs/apps. As for connecting to a real calc, I'm not sure it supports that. You'll have to get it off with TiLP/TI-Connect.
Exactly this. Use your direct USB or SilverLink cable with TI-Connect or TiLP II to copy the file(s) to your computer, then drag them onto the WabbitEmu LCD. It will let you drop into either RAM or Archive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours