Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
It's a permanently installed program.
It's a permanently-installed program, and it's what we use to make our screenshots. Note that the current version has been known to be extremely buggy, so I'd be happy to email you an old version if you find the current one unusable.
Let's go for the old one then Very Happy Btw did I submit Horner v0.2 properly?
Now you did. Smile Accepted it. Hope you don't mind; I just request that so that we don't end up with dozens of incremental versions of projects in the archives.
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
It's a permanently installed program.
It's a permanently-installed program, and it's what we use to make our screenshots. Note that the current version has been known to be extremely buggy, so I'd be happy to email you an old version if you find the current one unusable.
Let's go for the old one then Very Happy Btw did I submit Horner v0.2 properly?
Now you did. Smile Accepted it. Hope you don't mind; I just request that so that we don't end up with dozens of incremental versions of projects in the archives.

No I don't mind, you have standards. Those are for everyone ^^. And it would be a mess if you didn't apply that.

Edit: Anyone interested in the Horner v0.2 please visit my profile.
If you download it, would you mind testing it and sending any bug reports to Ti84Prgmhuuh@hotmail.com
Edit2: You mentioned an older version of wabbitemu which worked better earlier. Which is it? ^^
Bleh, I tried emailing it to you and Sonlen, but I couldn't get around gmail's exe sending restrictions. If you have Skype, AIM, or a similar protocol, I can send it to you via that.
KermMartian wrote:
Bleh, I tried emailing it to you and Sonlen, but I couldn't get around gmail's exe sending restrictions. If you have Skype, AIM, or a similar protocol, I can send it to you via that.
@KermM I have MSN but that's about it.
@ Anyone else: please test Horner v0.2. I tested it myself but being tested on a larger scale might uncover some problems with the program. Thanks in advance.
I gave it a quick try but found no big problem. Regarding WabbitEmu, Buckeye uploaded a new version last night that seems to fix all the problems for me, which you can download from the associated thread.
New version of Horner available :d Feel free to download it and if you have ideas of improvements, like something you think the program should be able to do, please let me know :d
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
New version of Horner available :d Feel free to download it and if you have ideas of improvements, like something you think the program should be able to do, please let me know :d
You can download it here, by the way:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/math/Horner_v1.0.zip
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
You can download it here, by the way:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/math/Horner_v1.0.zip

Thanks KermK forgot to provide a link.
My pleasure. Has anyone other than me tried this yet? Perhaps TI84 should provide a screenshot or two?
KermMartian wrote:
My pleasure. Has anyone other than me tried this yet? Perhaps TI84 should provide a screenshot or two?

Well since i'm actually working on it each day i'll make some screenshots of it a soon as I get home (I'm at work an those computers aren't provided with Ti programming software ;p)
I'll post the links the moment I have them. And i'm quite curious if anyone tried this out except for KermM. It's quite a simple program but I'm still proud of what I've managed to build.

Edit: I'm now making some screenshots but I noticed a hell of a problem, fixing it right now and oploading it just after that.
Woot, looking forward to the screenshots, and good job catching a bug in the process. May I ask what the problem is/was?
KermMartian wrote:
Woot, looking forward to the screenshots, and good job catching a bug in the process. May I ask what the problem is/was?

Well I added the option of choosing if fractional answers should be shown as fraction or as decimal, in the process of addind that I accidentally trapped the display of answers who did not present any fractions into the conditional, which had as effect that the program would run and end without showing anything.
I'll just post Horner 1.1 at the same time, worked on it at work thanks to SourceCoder2 Wink
It was total panic, but I eventually found where the mistake was, examining where it bugged and running the program mentally.
Edit: Here some screenshots Very Happy
http://img33.imageshack.us/i/screen1o.gif/
http://img375.imageshack.us/i/screen2.gif/
http://img412.imageshack.us/i/screen3o.gif/
http://img338.imageshack.us/i/screen4l.gif/
http://img574.imageshack.us/i/screen5b.gif/
http://img684.imageshack.us/i/screen6.gif/
http://img835.imageshack.us/i/screen7.gif/
Congrats, and also good job on the mental debugging. I always advise new BASIC coders that they can judge their expertise with TI-BASIC by how fluently they can read a program, mentally execute it, and find potential problems.
KermMartian wrote:
Congrats, and also good job on the mental debugging. I always advise new BASIC coders that they can judge their expertise with TI-BASIC by how fluently they can read a program, mentally execute it, and find potential problems.
My guess is that you cannot really program if you cannot mentally execute it. How should you be able to write something you cannot understand what you're writing. I'm not saying you should be able pricisely predict the program's behaviour, but at least predict how it should act in some cases.
I must say that most of the time i'm still too lazy to do the math the program does for me :p
Yeah, I feel the same way regarding mental execution. It takes more or less thought depending on how complex the language is, but I agree it's an important part of learning a new language.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I feel the same way regarding mental execution. It takes more or less thought depending on how complex the language is, but I agree it's an important part of learning a new language.
Well I have to add that TiBASIC is a fairly easy language. Knowing english is enough to master a big part of the language since the commands are named after what they do.
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Well I have to add that TiBASIC is a fairly easy language. Knowing english is enough to master a big part of the language since the commands are named after what they do.
You make a very good point, sir. I know French users of ours who use French language packs that turn their TI-BASIC into French, though.
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
You make a very good point, sir. I know French users of ours who use French language packs that turn their TI-BASIC into French, though.
That's a handy tool for people who don't understand english. It does also prove my point since that even if it's translated the commands are still named after their actions in a simple way. So TiBASIC can be used quite intuitively, though not as optimal as if it would be by a programmer who know's his stuff.
Indeed, your point still stands. Smile I don't believe that languages like C++ have such translations, though, so speakers of other languages are indeed at an intuitive disadvantage.
KermMartian wrote:
Indeed, your point still stands. Smile I don't believe that languages like C++ have such translations, though, so speakers of other languages are indeed at an intuitive disadvantage.
I'm glad that I could learn TIBASIC the intuitive way. I'm more interested in science than I am in programming due to the way I learn everything, though I like the challenge of creating a program. And with my ADHD I tend to drop off projects of a discipline that is not a major interest and as hard as programming might get sometimes. I love TIBASIC for having this easyness that enables me to make programs and being the opening door to other languages. I have to confess that if it wadn't for my TI84+ I would never have created any program. That's actually all because of my ADHD, I am great at what interests me most.

Edit: programming is great but science in general is my love Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours