Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Most excellent! I'd especially favor the idea of not using the Sigma() command, since 2.55MP turns that into a second-class citizen.
There is a sigma command? :p Not in TiBasic, or am I msitaken. And I'm doing quite a lot of math for this version ^^ I love it.
I think that it was introduced in OS version 2.53MP, but you shouldn't be using it anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Most excellent! I'd especially favor the idea of not using the Sigma() command, since 2.55MP turns that into a second-class citizen.
There is a sigma command? :p Not in TiBasic, or am I msitaken. And I'm doing quite a lot of math for this version ^^ I love it.
I think that it was introduced in OS version 2.53MP, but you shouldn't be using it anyway.
Won't use it, sum(seq( has proven itself I found that one by myself so I will continue to use it in my programs.
Excellent, that's good to hear. So what's new with Horner these days? Any other projects in the works, either additional math or academic programs, or games of some sort?
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent, that's good to hear. So what's new with Horner these days? Any other projects in the works, either additional math or academic programs, or games of some sort?
Trying to make Horner capable of handling the rest when factoring 4th degree or more, since the rest makes the calc's just that little more complicated, I'm trying to develop an algoritm for that which I will then try and integrate in the program but it's taking it's time :p it's a lot (and I mean a lot) of math. Trial and error until I hit a great idea again :p but let's know that Horner is almost finished so I'll gather some info to make a physics program afterwards ^^ or chemistry don't know yet :p
Sounds like a plan. Please feel free to pots and ask if you need any help with the mathy parts of it. Smile We all have varying degrees of proficiency (no pun intended) in math as well as programming.
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds like a plan. Please feel free to pots and ask if you need any help with the mathy parts of it. Smile We all have varying degrees of proficiency (no pun intended) in math as well as programming.
Thanks a lot :p but this one I want to try a bit harder. Guess some misplaced pride since i doubt I have yet learned the tools to do it myself but I'm inventive I'll figure something ^^ And in a few years I'll have my own degree :d :p
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks a lot :p but this one I want to try a bit harder. Guess some misplaced pride since i doubt I have yet learned the tools to do it myself but I'm inventive I'll figure something ^^ And in a few years I'll have my own degree :d :p
Hehe, I can completely understand wanting to figure it out for your own; I'm usually the exact same way. Smile Good luck.
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hehe, I can completely understand wanting to figure it out for your own; I'm usually the exact same way. Smile Good luck.
Thanks :p well I think I'll actually back off Horner for a while, been working on it for about a month now, maybe some rest on that type of math will benefit me.

Edit: Who am I kidding XD I won't be able to back off :p I'll get this no matter how long it takes me XD I just need to speak with a mathematician in person, exchanging idea's and stuff. Gain a different insight.
Do you have any math professors or teachers with whom you could consult? Or some textbooks that might have helpful material?
KermMartian wrote:
Do you have any math professors or teachers with whom you could consult? Or some textbooks that might have helpful material?
I have a math teacher to which I've sent an invitation ^^
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent, I hope that your meeting is successfull.
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent, I hope that your meeting is successfull.
I hope he reads the mail in time :p I never see him online and I almost never have time. :p
I hope so too. Sad This is a fairly nifty project; so few of our members actually write any math programs other than beginners making quadratic solvers that it's quite refreshing to see your dedication.
KermMartian wrote:
I hope so too. Sad This is a fairly nifty project; so few of our members actually write any math programs other than beginners making quadratic solvers that it's quite refreshing to see your dedication.
First of all, what does nifty mean ^^"? And you are right I've seen dozens of quadratic solvers. That is a quite basic program. And the reason I write such programs is just that I like math and science and I realize how handfull such a tool can be if it works. Once this will be done I'll concentrate on a physics program. See what I'll make and how ^^

Edit: Some call it dedication others call it having a purpose or they're even some who call it stubborn :p Personally I also go for 1 and 2, I kind of need this since I have to work and all XD I like having something intellectual to hang on Very Happy

So I got to talk to my math teacher yesterday, and as planned it gave me a greater insight on horner. So I'm back on track for horner.
So I have backed away of Horner xD most obvioulsy. But I didn't abandon. I'll get this sooner or later. Actually I'm coming back because I'm working on the newest version of my timers again.
I'll be looking at the code of 4.0 to optimize it and I'm going to add a third feature being a cubetimer for all the cubers out there. So stay tuned for more.
Here you can find screenshots of the graphical display of the timer:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4250/screen01jc.png
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4808/screen02hl.png
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6959/screen03a.png
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3820/screen04f.png
Edit: small or large font for the display of start and stop?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours