Hello everyone, I've posted a comment on the projects topic but i'd like it to have it's own.
I've build a fully functioning prgm for the Ti84+ using the TiBasic (actually the only language I know). To exploit the integrated timer of the calculator.
I made a timer being able to just count time and show you 21 times inbetween start and end whenever you want to see them and another being able to time 14laps.
Those restrictions can be cancelled out in a TMR5.0 version by using the homescreen instead of complicated graphisms and the graphscreen but in the meantime the TMR3.3 and the TMR4.0 are doing just fine. An update might be an idea.
If anyone also had this idea just post below.

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/screen03o.png/
http://img573.imageshack.us/i/screen01w.png/
http://img251.imageshack.us/i/screen04a.png/
http://img576.imageshack.us/i/screen02k.png/
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6213/screen05m.png

To download the Timers click on the link below:
http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/countdown.php?/83plus/basic/programs/TI84pTIMER.zip&path=archives

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/math/Horner_v2.0.zip

In this topic I'll post anything concerning the projects I'm working on or the ones I've finished. Including code chuncks and download links. I'll update the links to finished projects into this very first post.
Welcome to Cemetech, TI84Prgmhuuh! I hope that if you haven't done so already, you will Introduce Yourself in the appropriate topic. Anyway, those screenshots look great, I really like the interface design that you came up with. Will you be uploading your program to the Cemetech Archives so that we can try it/them out?
This looks great. The GUI is actually pretty nice. I hope it gets uploaded soon. Can't wait to test it out. Very Happy
0rac343 wrote:
This looks great. The GUI is actually pretty nice. I hope it gets uploaded soon. Can't wait to test it out. Very Happy
Agreed, the GUI looks quite nice. When you upload it, would you mind posting some samples of your code (using SourceCoder) so we can criticique it and suggest optimizations?
I will upload it as soon as I clear the code.
Those are actually several programs for the timer.
The main menu and then a program for the graphs.
It eased the writing of the program.
And I use a setup prgm quite often to set the graphscreen into what is needed for the use of it in most prgm'as.
I aslo use a cleanup prgm wich erases every variable... etc who could use space on my TI84+. Since it hasen't that much space.
I'd love to have the SE but it's quite expensive.

Ps: I'm just an amateur programmer what is 'GUI'? ^^"

Ps2: I will post some samples, but it won't be easy since the timers are actually 9 programs (two which i use really often). This would be preventing that code parts exactly the same would be written several times through the whole program. I might be trying to convert all of those (exept the setup and cleanup) into 1 program which could allow me to clean the prgm a bit more.
You can just post a few small samples, you don't have to show us all the code in the timer programs, since we could just get it by downloading your project once you upload it here. Smile A GUI is a Graphical User Interface; the term can be applied to a variety of things. For example, in one sense Doors CS is a GUI, and in another sense Doors CS contains a GUI API for programs to use. Also, I think as your programming career progresses, you'll eventually decide that the 400 bytes that can be consumed by leaving Real variables A-Z in RAM is not the end of the world and not bother cleaning them up. Smile

A final note: I am a stickler for spelling and grammar, so just to warn you, I'll be picking on your grammar and spelling over time. I've seen great results in improving other members, so I'm sticking with it. You have a great advantage in that you used capitalization properly, you punctuated your sentences with actual commas, and you only have three spelling errors that I spotted. My main complaint is that you don't have to put each sentence on a separate line in that first paragraph of yours. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
You can just post a few small samples, you don't have to show us all the code in the timer programs, since we could just get it by downloading your project once you upload it here. Smile A GUI is a Graphical User Interface; the term can be applied to a variety of things. For example, in one sense Doors CS is a GUI, and in another sense Doors CS contains a GUI API for programs to use. Also, I think as your programming career progresses, you'll eventually decide that the 400 bytes that can be consumed by leaving Real variables A-Z in RAM is not the end of the world and not bother cleaning them up. Smile

A final note: I am a stickler for spelling and grammar, so just to warn you, I'll be picking on your grammar and spelling over time. I've seen great results in improving other members, so I'm sticking with it. You have a great advantage in that you used capitalization properly, you punctuated your sentences with actual commas, and you only have three spelling errors that I spotted. My main complaint is that you don't have to put each sentence on a separate line in that first paragraph of yours. Smile

Thanks a lot :p I'm quite proud of my English since I'm French born with Dutch as second language and English only as third. I have to confess that my English writing is way better than my Frnech or Dutch writing. And I've uploaded my timer, so it shoud be aviable soon.
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
[Thanks a lot :p I'm quite proud of my English since I'm French born with Dutch as second language and English only as third. I have to confess that my English writing is way better than my Frnech or Dutch writing. And I've uploaded my timer, so it shoud be aviable soon.
You should definitely be proud of yourself, if English is your third language! You write English way better than a lot of native speakers of English that find their way to Cemetech. Regarding your upload: it's in .rar format, and I find that a lot of users don't have an unrar'ing utility. Would it be possible for you to create a zip instead?
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
[Thanks a lot :p I'm quite proud of my English since I'm French born with Dutch as second language and English only as third. I have to confess that my English writing is way better than my Frnech or Dutch writing. And I've uploaded my timer, so it shoud be aviable soon.
You should definitely be proud of yourself, if English is your third language! You write English way better than a lot of native speakers of English that find their way to Cemetech. Regarding your upload: it's in .rar format, and I find that a lot of users don't have an unrar'ing utility. Would it be possible for you to create a zip instead?

I'd love to, but actually I'm not so familiar with format compressing, I asked a friend who told me to use WinRaR. If you have a better program I'll surely upload it in zip.
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:

I'd love to, but actually I'm not so familiar with format compressing, I asked a friend who told me to use WinRaR. If you have a better program I'll surely upload it in zip.
You said you're running Windows 7, so you can just select the files you want to compress, right-click, and choose Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) Folder. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
:

You said you're running Windows 7, so you can just select the files you want to compress, right-click, and choose Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) Folder. Smile

Thank you for your help. Now more people can enjoy my timer ^^.
Ps I've put the link for the timer in my first post but here it is again:
http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/countdown.php?/83plus/basic/programs/TI84pTIMER.zip&path=archives
Excellent, thanks. Would you care to post some sample code from it as well, shall I do that, or would you like it in a different thread?
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent, thanks. Would you care to post some sample code from it as well, shall I do that, or would you like it in a different thread?

Actually I'd like to post some samples but I just don't know which ones :p since it'd better be a single program and stuff like that. And posting it in this thread should be best since it concerns the timer. Have you had time to test it out?

Edit: The fact I built it out of several programs to prevent writing exactly the same code parts over and over making the program hard to debug or just too heavy makes it slightly more difficult to understand
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Actually I'd like to post some samples but I just don't know which ones :p since it'd better be a single program and stuff like that. And posting it in this thread should be best since it concerns the timer. Have you had time to test it out?
I have not, I'm just stopping by on a break in my final exam studying. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to give it a try this evening.
I'm aiming at a Timer 5 which would be all of this, in 1 plus a pause for the stopwatch and several stuff like that. The Graph screen has proved really usefull but im going to try to get more out of it than I already did. By that I mean pulling away the limit of laps and inbetweens for the stopwatch
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
You should definitely be proud of yourself, if English is your third language! You write English way better than a lot of native speakers of English that find their way to Cemetech.

Dat is b da truth yo.
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
I'm aiming at a Timer 5 which would be all of this, in 1 plus a pause for the stopwatch and several stuff like that. The Graph screen has proved really usefull but im going to try to get more out of it than I already did. By that I mean pulling away the limit of laps and inbetweens for the stopwatch
That sounds good. Are you open to learning some hybrid BASIC tricks for graphscreen drawing, or do you want to learn more pure BASIC techniques first?
KermMartian wrote:
Ti84Prgmhuuh wrote:
That sounds good. Are you open to learning some hybrid BASIC tricks for graphscreen drawing, or do you want to learn more pure BASIC techniques first?

I'd prefer to master full basic first. It'll allow me to use the full potential of the language. There is still too much I don't know how to use or what it does. I had to learn Ti Basic on my own until now and the explanations in the manual are not always clear.
Yeah, the manual is very far from clear. I can appreciate your wish to learn pure BASIC first, so where can we start?
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, the manual is very far from clear. I can appreciate your wish to learn pure BASIC first, so where can we start?

Well I already know the basic of programming, went as far as learning to use loops but didn't have the chance/need to go further. I must say I stumbled across a great challenge being to create a game (the game is actually just fine) where the score is kept semi permenantly. For about 30entries being then converted into the average of those 30entries. Tried to use a matrix for that (since the game has several options from which score needs to be kept) but I didn't manage to create the neccesary code to put the right data in the right spot since at every use of an option the score needs to be saved elsewhere in the matrix.

Edit: Learning BASIC first is actually learning the basic's in general first, we can't learn the hard stuff if we don't know the easy stuff can we? Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours