A particularly boring math class gave me this.

Well, I was bored, so I went through some game ideas. I came up with one I'm going to call Ultimate Falldown, which will be a tournament-style Falldown game where each level has a new effect (with bricks appearing, disappearing, and moving to highly inconvenient locations, etc.) that makes the game harder and harder. One of my ideas was a level where the ball would bounce, so I made a quick demo of how it would work. Then I realized that it was actually (kinda) fun, so here it is: Bounce Falldown. Avoid the bricks, or you get bounced up. Fall through for extra points (I'll be taking this out later) Razz

Oh, and since this is pretty close to Doodle Jump/PapiJump, I'm working on that too.

EDIT: By the way, this is in Axe.
I was about to ask if this was Axe before I finished reading the post. Smile It looks like fun, I must say. If I had one criticism, it's that it looks a little visually uninteresting, but I'm sure that will change. Also, have you considered maintaining horizontal velocity, adding lossless bouncing off the sides, and make the players arrows set acceleration rather than velocity horizontally?
Nice screenshots, Deep Thought!
This looks like a really neat idea. Very Happy
c.sprinkle wrote:
Nice screenshots, Deep Thought!
This looks like a really neat idea. Very Happy
Definitely. Actually, for the sake of a challenge, I'm suddenly wondering how hard this would be in hybrid BASIC. The DCS libraries can handle the scroll and line drawing with ease; I'm just wondering what the ball bouncing speed would be like.,
Hmmm. . .
Can I give it a try? Who knows if I can do it, but it will be good practice.
KermMartian wrote:
I was about to ask if this was Axe before I finished reading the post. Smile It looks like fun, I must say. If I had one criticism, it's that it looks a little visually uninteresting, but I'm sure that will change. Also, have you considered maintaining horizontal velocity, adding lossless bouncing off the sides, and make the players arrows set acceleration rather than velocity horizontally?

Yep, I just finished a demo of PapiJump, and it has all that Very Happy

Can't get it off my calc, though. Unless I typed it out by hand.
c.sprinkle wrote:
Hmmm. . .
Can I give it a try? Who knows if I can do it, but it will be good practice.
I would be more than honored if you would do so! I might particularly recommend that you use the DCS GUI libraries for the menus etc, so that you can get some practice with them as well.
I actually did an Avalanche clone a while back which used very similar stuff. Sadly, there was a problem with the DCS editing not writing back properly, and the program got messed up. Surprised
c.sprinkle wrote:
I actually did an Avalanche clone a while back which used very similar stuff. Sadly, there was a problem with the DCS editing not writing back properly, and the program got messed up. Surprised
Was that the 2.53MP bug? You really should be using a different OS version; it's actually the TI-OS rather than the DCS editor that's at fault for that, as far as everyone has been able to tell thus far.
Ok, although I don't want to go through the tediousness of installing a new OS.
Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours