ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
If I changed it, I would also have to change all my other accoutns too because they all have caps and I would forget which ones were caps and which ones weren't.

I may not be a mod/admin so I don't have any say but I don't see how I should be "banned" for having a slightly annoying name allynfolksjr...

...also, who's encouraging it?
Ignore the troll, he's just trying to get on your nerves. Smile You could always just remember that Cemetech was the one without all-caps and all the other ones had all-caps. Wink Anyway, getting back on the proper topic, tell us more about your RPG when you have time! And of course PM me if you want to discuss the username thing further.
I'm sorry that you consider "basic forum etiquette and protocol" synonymous with "troll[ing]."
Here is the beginning of the story, and I shall ignore the troll[ing]:

It begins in the secret briefing room of the Holy Termanian emipre in the capital city of Crosspelin. The king, Herrna the Omnipotent has called together a band of his finest warriors and his son, the prince Trio. THe king begun to arrange a large squadron of the best in his army to challenge his neighbor, king Mikhail the omnipotent of the swamplands. Urging his son to assume his role until he returned victorious from battle, Trio is left at the throne as king Trio.

At the same exact time, a man named Niko pulls together his finest thieves to overrun Termanian cities during the abcense of the king. Trio, discovering this plot, rides a ragtag army of villagers and remaining knights into a small city to defend against the thieves, and loses in battle. Trio is then held captive at the hands of Niko and his band of mercenaries. Even worse, the king and his squadron were annihilated by a suprise ambush sent by king Mikhail. Crosspelin is up for grabs for anyone to take, and many people wsih to make it their own.

Trio, convincing Niko that he will give him power if he would help him win back his country, is let free, and Trio and Niko leave on their own to spy on recently captured cities in the crumbling empire. And from there, the adventure begins...
That sounds like a fun backstory, Ashbad; thanks for sharing. Smile I also like the name change, for what it's worth.
thing is, this game is REALLY only part one of a huge sotry, but I have no idea what platform later games in the series would be on. Also, I don't liek daydreaming that far into the future Razz

the story is very long and full of great plot twists and such, but now I have to transfer that in to a fun game. Or in this case, one game at a time Wink

and about the change, you're welcome, I just sent DJ a pm asking to change my omni account too so I can be consistant. And I'll change my ticalc one too.
I just got my batch file working and sucessfully compiled my first multipage "hello world" app today! that's one step closer...

one small compile for a man, one large achievement for a man!
Ashbad wrote:
I just got my batch file working and sucessfully compiled my first multipage "hello world" app today! that's one step closer...

one small compile for a man, one large achievement for a man!
Please try to restrict yourself to at least twelve or twenty-four hours for a bump; three hours is a double-post. Smile I'm glad that you got your batch file working, though, and that you compiled a multipage "hello world" application. Which assembler suite are you using?
Brass, and I am using Wappsign to sign the app, as I can't really get Wabbitsign to work.

Also, the double post update rule is 24 hours? sorry, I thought it was like omni (3 hours)

Well, more updates one the way!
Ashbad wrote:
Brass, and I am using Wappsign to sign the app, as I can't really get Wabbitsign to work.

Also, the double post update rule is 24 hours? sorry, I thought it was like omni (3 hours)

Well, more updates one the way!
Twenty-four hours for normal updates, twelve hours for important updates, to prevent excessive post-spam. Of course you can edit your posts to your heart's content, and since each edit shows up on SAX, it's unlikely that anyone will miss them.`
Lol even on Omni it's not 3 hours. 3 hours is only if your topic gets bumped out of the latest 200 posts list in 3 hours, which has never came close to happen (the farthest a topic dropped in 3 hours was half-down the list and that only happened once). It's 6 hours. For project updates we tolerate 1 hour, but most people still prefer longer and even 6 hours would be abusive if your new post only says "Changed char starting HP from 50 to 45."

On most forums it ranges between 12 and 72 hours and some forums disallows double-posting completely.

Anyway I can't wait to see updates and I hope you can post Pyrix as well soon. Smile
Well, this isn't a killing blow to the project, BUT:

I'm gonna wait for the casio prizm to come out to make this. That supports 16bit color (in C/C++ I'm sure) and is gonna come out in a month, and I already have money saved for buying it on the day it comes out. Coding trio and niko in z80 asm would TOTALLY be awesome, but that will take a LOOONNNGGG time, I crunched some numbars today and I estimated at least April/May 2011 to get a BETA/DEMO OUT. That's really a long time. By then, my project will look insignificant to those on a casio prizm.

With that being said, can anyone point me to a 16bit image editor that is free AND requires no setup executable? just a normal .exe that runs the program, as my comp is on administrative restrictions and my dad won't put in the password to set something up UNLESS I have a long list of researched reason why I should have it on my comp. I want this so I can not delay any further and I can start some sprite ideas so I can start coding *the first day* I get my casio prizm in january.

In fact, this doesn't slow down the project one bit -- being able to draw in 16 bit color sprites will speed me up, as I can make bigger and more detailed sprites, my specialty! And I can get all story elements straight and plan out my concept well without coding getting into the way for a while.

With that being said...

I am finally looking for a team for this project. Not a ragtag of people that help a little and get 2% credit each, I'm looking for a full blown out team.

Types of people I'm looking for (you can sign up by PMing me or just simply responding to this thread post):
Lead Developer -- Ashbad
Environment spriting -- Ashbad
NCP spriting -- OPEN
Monster/boss spriting -- OPEN
Special effects coordinator -- OPEN
Storyboard 1 -- Ashbad
Storyboard 2 -- OPEN
Scripting 1 -- OPEN
Scripting 2 -- OPEN
Coding 1 -- Ashbad
Coding 2 -- OPEN
Coding 3 -- OPEN
Public Affairs (posts updates, demos, etc.) -- OPEN

Come one, come all! I want the community to be a part of this game, I really want this to be the most excellent RPG for a calculator ever! AND I AM DETERMINED THAT WE AS A WHOLE CAN DO IT!
I still want this to be in z80 asm, but it's your project so you make the choices Smile

I think MS Paint or Paint.NET can make 16bit color images.
souvik1997 wrote:
I still want this to be in z80 asm, but it's your project so you make the choices Smile

I think MS Paint or Paint.NET can make 16bit color images.
Paint, GIMP, you name it. Personally I'd prefer GIMP, but I'm underwhelmed with it as a pixel editor. Personally I still want it to be a z80 ASM RPG too, but as Souvik said, you're the coder.
Well, here's the deal I thought of:

KOS is coming out soon, and it will have support for many routines and operations that I will use a lot in Trio and Niko. So, when KOS developer's thingie comes out on jan 1, I'll start working solo on a z80 version as well!

so, it will have 2 platforms, but the game might be a little different, like how lego star wars (or any game mass produced to almost all modern consoles), the gameboy advance version is different from the gamecube one, but they are still pretty similar.
Ashbad wrote:
Well, here's the deal I thought of:

KOS is coming out soon, and it will have support for many routines and operations that I will use a lot in Trio and Niko. So, when KOS developer's thingie comes out on jan 1, I'll start working solo on a z80 version as well!
I'm fairly confident that the version that is scheduled to be released on January 1st is not by any means expected to be anywhere near finished, nor to have any libraries for coders completed yet. I think you should stick with trying to make it a TI-OS game, personally.

Quote:
so, it will have 2 platforms, but the game might be a little different, like how lego star wars (or any game mass produced to almost all modern consoles), the gameboy advance version is different from the gamecube one, but they are still pretty similar.
It seems to me that there are not going to be a lot of programmers in the TI community that take kindly to the Prizm, but I guess we'll soon see. I agree that publishing on multiple consoles is nice, but with the resources that community coders have to sink into their projects, most notably a general dearth of free time, I worry that one version will have to be shortchanged for the sake of the other.
Make it in z80 so I can play it. Razz
c.sprinkle wrote:
Make it in z80 so I can play it. Razz
Yeah, that seems to be the reigning sentiment around here. Laughing
well, maybe I'll drop the team idea, and even the casio prizm idea: I thought about what I heard all over the web yesterday, and I think I'll keep it a z80 project. HOWEVER, it shall still be a 4 page app for TIos. This means that since I am switching back, I will need support from you guys in the coding, as long as I get that, I am fine.

screw the prizm, it won't get a good community following for at least a year. at least methinks -- long live z80!

well, I'm back to work on the sprites, but should I make them 8 level gray, or keep going 4 level? 8 would be flickery, but that would be sweet.

EDIT: maybe he is the reigning sentient around here Shock
Ashbad wrote:
well, maybe I'll drop the team idea, and even the casio prizm idea: I thought about what I heard all over the web yesterday, and I think I'll keep it a z80 project. HOWEVER, it shall still be a 4 page app for TIos. This means that since I am switching back, I will need support from you guys in the coding, as long as I get that, I am fine.
Over my decade-plus in the community, I have seen group projects traditionally having a much lower success rate than individual projects. When an individual is committed to a project, he has a strong personal motivation to finish the project; with a group, the founder generally has a strong motivation, and the ancillary members less so. That's not to discourage you from trying to make a group project, though; you just need to find excited, dedicated, and most of all, knowledgeable team members who have enough free time.

Quote:
screw the prizm, it won't get a good community following for at least a year. at least methinks -- long live z80!
Indeed.

Quote:
well, I'm back to work on the sprites, but should I make them 8 level gray, or keep going 4 level? 8 would be flickery, but that would be sweet.
I don't really see a point in 8-level; it will make your life miserable, and everything graphical will take twice as much memory.

Quote:
EDIT: maybe he is the reigning sentient around here Shock
Was that an intentional pun, or did you actually mistake the word "sentiment" for "sentient"?
so, it's z80 now, here's the specs:

individual project for me alone now

4 level gray graphics

yes that's a pun Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours