Hello. It's been a while since I have worked on any calculator related projects. But here I am. At the moment I am working on a project called ticalc.org Explorer (for lack of a better name). The concept is a sort of manager for ticalc.org to allow one to browse and download the available files. However, hopefully it will also have some nice features like history, downloads manager, favorites, etc. Here are some screens from the current program I have whipped up:

If you have any ideas, or thinks that you would like added, let me know and I will see what I can do.
A windows version?
Linux would be great too Smile
Also integrating with something like TLiP would also be great Smile no need to download and then send it, download it directly to your device instead!
From the interface, it looks like you might be targeting touch platforms like the iPad; is this correct or no? I'm curious what kinds of views it can present at the moment and what current plans you have.
@SirCmpwn: I'm making it in Java so multiple platforms so should be simple.

@Eeems: See the above. Also, I haven't really worked with TLiP so this might be possible, but I'm not really sure how it would be done. I'll look into the idea, I like it. Thanks.

@Kerm: I'm not specifically targeting touch platforms. I thought about doing something like that, but it doesn't seem practical as one can't really transfer a calc program from the a mobile device to a calculator (or at least not that I know of).

At the moment, the only views that can be presented are the large list style as seen above. I don't have any really plans in terms of different views for the downloads / directories. If you have any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

My plans at the moment stand at this: Create a download/history manager to see what has been downloaded previously and what is currently being downloaded, so that one can easily re-download a file. A favorites manager incase of lost files. I also intend to have a starting home screen with several sections (news, top downloads, new downloads, etc).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours