Someone has been announcing a recreation of the game Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in 2d for a while now.From what I've seen and been monitoring ( >_> im a ninja....) they appear to have made no progress and it has come to my attention that they may have very well cancelled the idea altogether. I decided I'd take the opportunity to try it myself, but instead of for the PC, I'll be making it for the GBA.I intend to write ALL the code, no rom hacking, editting, etc. I saved most of their sprites to my pc which can be found at http://z9.invisionfree.com/LOZ_OOT2D_CP/index.php?showtopic=26

If anyone has suggestions, ideas, or resources (aka maps, sounds, sprites, weapons, whatever) I'd love to hear them.

Since Im using the same resources, I'd like to show you what the game might look like (note: the person who started this didnt actually get this far, he just put them together with sprites and tiles he had.His real "game" only has the temple of time Razz)
Cool. Me and another guy were working on ''gameport'' titled Zelda World but since school has come up we stopped on it.
Anakclusmos wrote:
Someone has been announcing a recreation of the game Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in 2d for a while now.From what I've seen and been monitoring ( >_> im a ninja....) they appear to have made no progress and it has come to my attention that they may have very well cancelled the idea altogether. I decided I'd take the opportunity to try it myself, but instead of for the PC, I'll be making it for the GBA.I intend to write ALL the code, no rom hacking, editting, etc. I saved most of their sprites to my pc which can be found at http://z9.invisionfree.com/LOZ_OOT2D_CP/index.php?showtopic=26

If anyone has suggestions, ideas, or resources (aka maps, sounds, sprites, weapons, whatever) I'd love to hear them.

Since Im using the same resources, I'd like to show you what the game might look like (note: the person who started this didnt actually get this far, he just put them together with sprites and tiles he had.His real "game" only has the temple of time Razz)

All I can say is hope Kerm doesn't take this as something illegal, as it is "debatable". :/

Edit: Just noticed the "land" sprites(not characters) are the ones from the Lttp game. Shock

In fact, I could make this using similar sprites on PC using a program called Z-Quest and Zelda Classic. o.o
Smile me too, though I can hardly see how...The sprites are fan made in LTTP style (not direct LTTP copies or rips), and the code is mine. As for cartidges, Nintendo sells those Razz Once I finish, I'll upload the rom for running on emu.
This sounds like a cool project. Good luck with this Smile

Edit: Not sure why this was put into suspended, can anyone elaborate?

Edit: It has now been unsuspended -- TheStorm
alright, just 2 clear some stuff up for everyone, the screenshot are to show how the game might look, not in terms of scenery but in style.My game is NOT OOT, its timeline is between OOT and MM and will be named "Zelda: Afterquest". A stat systems similar to that used in Links Adventure will be used.Stats are...
Quote:
Attack
Defense
Crafting
etc. (still thinking)

Depending on your attack, you can learn different sword skills.You will take less damage with defense.With crafting you can build your things such as weapons, armor, and furniture in you house.The idea is to incorporate a more lifelike quality to the game.The map will be expanded to include a connection between 2 different worlds (a surpise).If any suggestions or ideas, please let me hear, im all ears
Anakclusmos wrote:
alright, just 2 clear some stuff up for everyone, the screenshot are to show how the game might look, not in terms of scenery but in style.My game is NOT OOT, its timeline is between OOT and MM and will be named "Zelda: Afterquest". A stat systems similar to that used in Links Adventure will be used.Stats are...
Quote:
Attack
Defense
Crafting
etc. (still thinking)

Depending on your attack, you can learn different sword skills.You will take less damage with defense.With crafting you can build your things such as weapons, armor, and furniture in you house.The idea is to incorporate a more lifelike quality to the game.The map will be expanded to include a connection between 2 different worlds (a surpise).If any suggestions or ideas, please let me hear, im all ears

Sounds like what would happen if LoZ met Fable, this sounds interesting so far, and I hope this gets finished. Very Happy
Yeah Smile Im still contemplating the stats and whatsnot.Im thinking of 2 worlds, a light world and a dark one.Maybe beat the game in light world to unlock the ability to start the game in the dark world?

Ideas are still bouncing around as far as the layout and how the stats will work...

The dark world idea is all about me thinking how friggin awesome it'd be to play as Dark Link.Basically, Link and Dark Link will have different abilities, there will be some places you can go the second time you play the game that you couldnt go the first time.Dark Link also will have different stats like stealth and skills dealing with the manipulation of his phantom like body (hence, drifting through certain walls, possessing certain enemies, etc.)
Anakclusmos wrote:
Yeah Smile Im still contemplating the stats and whatsnot.Im thinking of 2 worlds, a light world and a dark one.Maybe beat the game in light world to unlock the ability to start the game in the dark world?

Ideas are still bouncing around as far as the layout and how the stats will work...

The dark world idea is all about me thinking how friggin awesome it'd be to play as Dark Link.Basically, Link and Dark Link will have different abilities, there will be some places you can go the second time you play the game that you couldnt go the first time.Dark Link also will have different stats like stealth and skills dealing with the manipulation of his phantom like body (hence, drifting through certain walls, possessing certain enemies, etc.)

That makes me think of something from another game, but I can't quite pick it out, though it is a great idea, I always wanted to play as Dark Link.
Laughing gah, doesnt everyone? I want my Dark World to be more like the Twilight Realm from TP, so I'll probably end up making a LTTP style version myself. If you've ever played TP, you'll notice that the Twilight Realm is mainly just 1 giant floating island.I'll be explanding that into multiple islands, and to top it with a cherry, you'll be riding a TP's Argarok dragon between them!
Anakclusmos wrote:
0x5 gah, doesnt everyone? I want my Dark World to be more like the Twilight Realm from TP, so I'll probably end up making a LTTP style version myself. If you've ever played TP, you'll notice that the Twilight Realm is mainly just 1 giant floating island.I'll be explanding that into multiple islands, and to top it with a cherry, you'll be riding a TP's Argarok dragon between them!

It has been a few years since I played it, but I do remember the islands(and the insanity to get through the Twilight Realm).
I like the idea though, very nice, and if you need map making ideas/help, I could probably help with layout, I managed to make LoZ style (nearly Nintendo looking awesomeness) so I might can help with that if you need it.
Laughing definately! I lack the smarts of architechure and want this to be as enjoyable to everyone as possible. Please throw any ideas no matter how outlandish at me
Anakclusmos wrote:
0x5 definately! I lack the smarts of architechure and want this to be as enjoyable to everyone as possible. Please throw any ideas no matter how outlandish at me

I lack the knack to get ideas for the map layout, but give me what you want in a screen, where you want it to go, and I can make a (hopefully) LoZ authentic looking screen.
these should be part of the HUD...
Quote:
Health
Magic
Rupees
3 weapons (NOTE: 1 selected item and 2 items to choose from)
Sword
Action to take

The GBA screen is only 240px wide by 160px tall.For this reason, we wont be adding a map to the HUD.Can you think of a way to organize this?
Anakclusmos wrote:
these should be part of the HUD...
Quote:
Health
Magic
Rupees
3 weapons (NOTE: 1 selected item and 2 items to choose from)
Sword
Action to take

The GBA screen is only 240px wide by 160px tall.For this reason, we wont be adding a map to the HUD.Can you think of a way to organize this?

Hmmm... link me to some graphics and I am sure I can get something nice.
I've been working hard all day and I think I now have a visual! This is what Majanon will most likely appear as in the game...

I'm proud to call this my own artwork Very Happy As you can tell, I have yet to finish the feet, but I have a great feeling about the overall appearance.In proportion, he is about 3 times as tall as Link. I started with a Ganon concept, modified the colors, removed the head, expanded on the arms and legs, added a muscle over muscle detail, expanded the horns into a frame, tightened the torso, repainted the torso, drew out Majora's head separately and connected it to the body, and finished up by adding a few minor details.Majanon will probably be the most animate enemy in the game with varying attacks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours