hello, i'm creating a TI-Basic IDE in Axe Parser. so far it's limited to opening programs and scrolling through them. no editing yet because i need to figure that out completely before i try to attempt it.
nemo wrote:
hello, i'm creating a TI-Basic IDE in Axe Parser. so far it's limited to opening programs and scrolling through them. no editing yet because i need to figure that out completely before i try to attempt it.
Well, there's Document DE 7 plus Tokenizer DE if you need any inspiration, and since you're using Axe instead of either BASIC or ASM, I won't suggest using the GUI functions for your text editing. Smile
i have my own GUI designed for text editing, though the DCS GUI would've been pretty useful. with Tokenizer DE, how did you implement tokenizing? i have my own conjectures, but could you give a short synopsis of what you did?
nemo wrote:
i have my own GUI designed for text editing, though the DCS GUI would've been pretty useful. with Tokenizer DE, how did you implement tokenizing? i have my own conjectures, but could you give a short synopsis of what you did?
I actually included the source for your edification, which is rare for me given some bad experiences that I have had, but I'm ashamed to say that it's an inelegant brute-force solution. Basically, it performs maximal substring matching based on grabbing all the valid tokens from one of the TI-OS calls. That's how I do it in SourceCoder too, but I have a much more optimized table for the MaxSubMatch algorithm to use in SC2.
if only i could read assembly Wink
that's how i was thinking of doing it but organizing the tokens by hand in the way that will give a nice balance of speed and size
nemo wrote:
that's how i was thinking of doing it but organizing the tokens by hand in the way that will give a nice balance of speed and size
Yeah, I debated a full table, which would give awesome speed, but I'm afraid it would have taken close to 7KB or 8KB at the very least.
KermMartian wrote:
nemo wrote:
Yeah, I debated a full table, which would give awesome speed, but I'm afraid it would have taken close to 7KB or 8KB at the very least.

ew.. i just did the math and come up with around 7,100 bytes. assuming every token is 10 characters long. so i looked up some BCall's in ti83.inc and i think i'm going to implement the same type of algorithm you did in tokenizer DE, because 7K isn't acceptable. i might make it an app though.. and if i can fit everything else in under 9K i ought to try defining each token. but i doubt i'll do that.
nemo wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
nemo wrote:

ew.. i just did the math and come up with around 7,100 bytes. assuming every token is 10 characters long. so i looked up some BCall's in ti83.inc and i think i'm going to implement the same type of algorithm you did in tokenizer DE, because 7K isn't acceptable. i might make it an app though.. and if i can fit everything else in under 9K i ought to try defining each token. but i doubt i'll do that.
Yeah, it ends up being prohibitive, besides needing a good data structure to pick your way through the tokens. :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours