adamac15 wrote:
well i can do it on my calc now. how should i start it? (after Start:)
However you want. Smile What are you making?
im thinking about the first suggestion
adamac15 wrote:
im thinking about the first suggestion
Well, then you should start by clearing the screen, then display some text asking the user to press a key, then you'll need to continue with something to wait for and detect a keypress from the user.
um n00b dont know how to do that. lol
adamac15 wrote:
um n00b dont know how to do that. 0x5
Hmm, maybe you do need to read some more tutorials then. Smile
ill look at 28 days and get back to you
adamac15 wrote:
ill look at 28 days and get back to you
Sounds good. Smile Out of curiosity, which topics did the tutorial(s) that you read so far cover?
well, i cant tell you word for word, but how about i just post the link?
adamac15 wrote:
well, i cant tell you word for word, but how about i just post the link?
You could even just tell me the name of the tutorial(s) that you used? Did you read them in their entirety, or only partially?
TI-83+ ASM For The Absolute Beginner. and i read them entirely. The tutorials are by Hot_Dog
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=594
adamac15 wrote:
TI-83+ ASM For The Absolute Beginner. and i read them entirely. The tutorials are by Hot_Dog
You read all of them in their entirety, and you don't know how to start a program? That makes me very worried. Sad
i cant absorb ALL information. and besides all the tutorial programs started differently.
adamac15 wrote:
i cant absorb ALL information. and besides all the tutorial programs started differently.
True, but that's why I think it would be good to go through his tutorials again and try compiling the programs he suggests, tweaking them, seeing what breaks, and seeing what happens. It's very hard to absorb new programming concepts (at least for me) unless I have some code to play with.
All programs start with an include statement and .org Progstart-2 ($9D93)
not oncalc
If it's Mimas, then it's already there for you
im talking about after Start:
adamac15 wrote:
im talking about after Start:
So we decided you need to display some text. If you don't remember offhand the exact way to do that, based on what you've learned so far, what would be your guess about what you'll have to do?
ld a,0 (or something like that) DisplayHL
You put asm code after that:

Code:

ld hl, Text
bcall PutS

Loop:
bcall getKey
cp kClear
jp z,end
jp nz,Loop

end:
bcall ClrLcdFull
ret

Text:

DB "Press Clear",0

Try to figure out what this does. It's my first asm program.

jp z, end

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours